T Rex sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony C.

Reaction score
Hi

I'm thinking of getting the t rex sliders for my 08. Not much of a mechanic. My concern is unscrewing the frame bolts. Does the frame at that location come apart or do things hold together even if the bolt is unsrcrewed. I guess the original bolt is replaced with the slider kit bolt, is it as strong. These sliders look long and I'm wondering are they long enough to prevent damage to the plastic (of course I doubt the side bags will survive). If anyone has any first hand experience and are happy with the sliders, please let me know, thanks.

Hi
I'm thinking of getting the t rex sliders for my 08. Not much of a mechanic. My concern is unscrewing the frame bolts. Does the frame at that location come apart or do things hold together even if the bolt is unsrcrewed. I guess the original bolt is replaced with the slider kit bolt, is it as strong. These sliders look long and I'm wondering are they long enough to prevent damage to the plastic (of course I doubt the side bags will survive). If anyone has any first hand experience and are happy with the sliders, please let me know, thanks.
it took all but 15 min to install them both sides (could not find the dam loctite), just follow the directions install one at a time torque them in to 35 ft/pounds (found in Bin-O-facts). as far as use can't help you there.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I've just ordered the T rex sliders for my 08 and they should arrive within the next few days. I've got the same questions as you do. I know there was alot of conversation regarding sliders that I read on the forum (just can't remember where I saw it) last week. You may want toresearch those threads and see if anyone mentioned how to install. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Remove the existing bolt, install the slider one side at a time. There are two benefits of the T-Rex. They are longer than most; so for a parking lot tip over, there will likely be less damage to the bike. A second benefit is that they are long enough to be a foot rest on a long ride for one foot or both!. If you plan to use them as a footrest, go ahead and remove the T-Rex ID tape because it won't survive the movement of your foot.

Enjoy.