Tachyon xc micro helmet camera

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Tachyon XC, and think it's a really nice unit, with the external power pack it enables you to keep it running off the bike's power so no more swamping batteries every 1-2 hours. It does everything well, without the hype and BS.

I have the Tachyon XC, and think it's a really nice unit, with the external power pack it enables you to keep it running off the bike's power so no more swamping batteries every 1-2 hours. It does everything well, without the hype and BS.
JamesK, what is that picture, some sort of circular roadway? Hard to figure it out! Rob

JamesK, what is that picture, some sort of circular roadway? Hard to figure it out! Rob
Uh yes, that is a "roundabout" bridge located in Japan, I got really excited when I first saw a picture of it, with the idea of doing a crazy TwistyButt ride on it, but apparently it's not open to vehicles. Would have been a real challenge though.

Roundabout Bridge

Try them all. I have a go-pro which I mount to both the front of the bike and to my helmet. Front of bike gives a better idea of actual road topography (ya get to see the lean angles better). Top of helmet is a more sedate view of the road. Never considered mounting to the side of my helmet. That's like an over-the-shoulder view. I think it would make me seasick to watch the video later. :eek:

I built a camera mount on the left side reflector mounting point on the fork right next to the front fender. Really nice low angle and you can feel the leans.