Tag Relocation Kit for a gen 2 FJR... Is there one? Thanks, NM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRH08FJR

Reaction score
Really just want to get the tag up below the tail light. Dont need the big beaver tail. Suggestions? Maybe there is a kit that will connect a bracket to the inner fender? Thanks in advance for your help, JRH08FJR :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really just want to get the tag up below the tail light. Dont need the big beaver tail. Suggestions? Maybe there is a kit that will connect a bracket to the inner fender? Thanks in advance for your help, JRH08FJR :yahoo:

I don't know of any. Some have taken a dremel to the rear plastic fender. I thought about it when the bike was new, but then I saw some of the pictures of modified rear fenders with mud trails up and over the back of the bike. :blink:

I don't know of anyone who has moved the plate. Maybe somebody else knows of someone and will chime in.

Cutting the fender is a two edged sword- looks good but the stripe up your back doesn't..

Yeah, I know :clapping: . I see this a lot on sport bikes and it looks cool, but didn't know if it was functional on the FJR or not? Honestly, previously, I was looking on here and a guy posted some really cool pics of an '07 with a pinstripe kit (pinstripes on both the bike and bags). I am almost certain that he had removed the beaver tail and the tag was attached to the inner fender. It looked really good, but I cant find the thread.

I bought my bike with a modified fender.

You really do not get wet in your back, some people like it some don't.

GiviSddleReflect-s.jpg

GiviSdle-s.jpg

I wonder how hard it would be to rig a fender extension up in the fender on some sort of slide that could be pulled down when it rains and slid back into the fender when it's dry? :unsure:

cdc, i like the photos of your bike with the tag relocated and the tail removed. do you have any idea whether this was a relocation kit or something the previous owner designed and made himself? Thanks, JRH08FJR