tail bag that fits on rear seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
I had a Cortech bag on my 2013 that I sold last year. I am now buying a new 2015 and want a small bag the could be attached to the rear seat and NOT the tail section. Can anyone suggest anything as the Cortech bag I had is no longer available

I think it depends a lot on what you need it for. If you want a bag for all the time, looks good, easy access inside, etc., then I like The one above. It looks like a nice one, and a good price point, especially if it's "clearance pricing." But if you just occasionally need a sturdy and waterproof bag to tie down on trips, won't need the contents till you stop for the night, there are good choices at Walmart, for one, very inexpensive and dependable--I have a couple, including this one for extra storage. Just be sure to tie it--or anything you tie down--with ROK straps, NEVER bungie cords. Those things are undependable and dangerous. If you really want some, though, just keep your eyes on the road. You find them on the ground where they've let go from other motorcycles.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://ogio.com/moto/street-bike-1/tail-bag

tailbag_stealth_11_600x_1_2.jpg

I can't believe that Touratech bag costs over $300. Crazy.
Yes,it costs over of $300,but it matches perfect with the lines of the fjr and if you see it with your eyes and not in the photo,you will notice that it is a very high quality product!I have it three years now and i am very happy with it!

For me worth the $300!
smile.png

In Europe it costs about $220..

I've got 2, a small one and I bought this Saddleman 1800 one for my cross Country trip in July. It holds my cooler with ease and the bag itself has an excellent mounting strap/system that runs under your rear seat. Overall this bag fits nicely between your top case and you, also most importantly has a back rest and pad included. Nice to give a little back support! Super reviews as well, I got the base model as there is some variations that have Harley dressings and looks.

PhotoID48468.jpg

I've got 2, a small one and I bought this Saddleman 1800 one for my cross Country trip in July. It holds my cooler with ease and the bag itself has an excellent mounting strap/system that runs under your rear seat. Overall this bag fits nicely between your top case and you, also most importantly has a back rest and pad included. Nice to give a little back support! Super reviews as well, I got the base model as there is some variations that have Harley dressings and looks.
[img=[URL="https://www.bikernet.com/news/images/PhotoID48468.jpg%5D"]https://www.bikernet.com/news/images/PhotoID48468.jpg][/URL]
I had one of these, actually the larger size on my Roadstar Warrior. Very handy, easy on/off and held all my travel gear that needed to go into motel room at night.

My only negative experience was when I was in really heavy rain, even with the integrated rain cover, the stuff in the bottom of the bag got wet. I think it was seepage around the stitching but I could never figure out where. Solution was a heavy black trash bag inside.

[img=[URL="https://www.bikernet.com/news/images/PhotoID48468.jpg%5D"]https://www.bikernet.com/news/images/PhotoID48468.jpg][/URL]
I had one of these, actually the larger size on my Roadstar Warrior. Very handy, easy on/off and held all my travel gear that needed to go into motel room at night.
My only negative experience was when I was in really heavy rain, even with the integrated rain cover, the stuff in the bottom of the bag got wet. I think it was seepage around the stitching but I could never figure out where. Solution was a heavy black trash bag inside.
You're spot-on John. The rain fly is not long enough to cover the lower and bottom of the bag. The reviews have this nailed as well, but other than that it is awesome and very well made... and, easily under the 200 dolla range.

I had a Cortech bag on my 2013 that I sold last year. I am now buying a new 2015 and want a small bag the could be attached to the rear seat and NOT the tail section. Can anyone suggest anything as the Cortech bag I had is no longer available
well , if you want a small bag that will accomodate daily needs get the bag from Cycle Gear for 24.99. This bag has all the attachment rings and straps needed to secure it to the passenger seat. It is water resistant but you can scotch guard it for better proofing. I have been using this bag for four years and swear by it. Damn it!!

Kriega bags are great....water proof...can stack bags 20 litre and 10 litre ..straps can go under seat..no paint damage...