Tail Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoothblue

Reaction score
Am picking up a rack for my '05 in black powder coat from Garauld tomorrow from the local post office and am in need of a good tail bag or utility bag to attach to it. I thought about just getting a run-of-the-mill duffle/gym bag to attach to it, but don't mind paying some additional money for a specifically designed bag with some nice features. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this type of product? Just a note... I noticed that the Tourmaster Cortech bag just about perfectly matches the dimensions of Garaulds rack (18x12- I believe) and looks like a nice bag with decent storage capacity. Like I said, any input you folks have is much appreciated as I have a long road trip planned in a couple of weeks and need to make the purchase soon. Thanks again!! :D Just received the rack from Garuald and it is very sweet. Excellent fabrication and finish. Now to determine what kind of bag to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1704.jpg

This is a Chase Harper jobbie. Velcro straps sinc up just right for Gary's rack. For WFO, I had to pack for 10 days - it held everything except sneaks and my ditty bag.

https://www.chaseharper.com/TailTrunks/TailTrunks.htm

I've got a cylindrical Helen2Wheels bag that I like alot. Worked well on my trip to Reno, and gives me a place to lay/secure my Camelback too...

Start.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the Rapid Transit Platoon bag on mine. Works great. not too wide but expands up. also has side pockets to put things in that can be accessed quickly, ie wallet, phone, glasses.

The only complaint is that they claim it is waterproof, it is not, so I use an extra rain cover for those big downpours.

Tim

Am picking up a rack for my '05 in black powder coat from Garauld tomorrow from the local post office and am in need of a good tail bag or utility bag to attach to it. I thought about just getting a run-of-the-mill duffle/gym bag to attach to it, but don't mind paying some additional money for a specifically designed bag with some nice features. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this type of product? Just a note... I noticed that the Tourmaster Cortech bag just about perfectly matches the dimensions of Garaulds rack (18x12- I believe) and looks like a nice bag with decent storage capacity. Like I said, any input you folks have is much appreciated as I have a long road trip planned in a couple of weeks and need to make the purchase soon. Thanks again!! :D
I have the Nelson Rigg expandable sport tail bag I no longer need. It's about 2 months old and in perfect condition. Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.