Tail light bulb

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majicmaker

Reaction score
I looked in the bin 0 facts and the service manual and couldn't find the generic part number for the bulb. Can someone please provide that to me? I'm at the dealership and they don't have one in stock and they don't have the generic part number either.

Thanks

The Sylvania 7528... parking, turn, and side marker, and has stock wattage.

Check with Autozone or other parts stores and be sure to change both of them.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
36Y-84714-40-00 The oem part number If you can't find it in an other place..
smile.png
12V-21-5W

Or, for just a few dollars more: 1157 Led Bulb - Dual Intensity 25 LED Motorcycle Bulb :rolleyes: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1157-led-bulb-dual-intensity-25-led-motorcycle-bulb/170/767/
If only the LED's light dispersion worked with the incandescent bulb lensing :rolleyes:
Concur. I wrote up a report on it. In my case I kept them, but for different reasons than most probably would consider.
Ok, you peaked my curiosity, Ignacio. What did you use them for? :)

Concur. I wrote up a report on it. In my case I kept them, but for different reasons than most probably would consider.
Ok, you peaked my curiosity, Ignacio. What did you use them for?
smile.png
To change my tail lights is a serious PITA because of my reinforced subframe. I'd have to remove a fuel cell, a Pelican case, a plate, the rear rack, tail plastic...and then put it all back after I change a bulb. I CANNOT get to them through the passenger seat area like others can.

Ok, you peaked my curiosity, Ignacio. What did you use them for? :)
To change my tail lights is a serious PITA because of my reinforced subframe. I'd have to remove a fuel cell, a Pelican case, a plate, the rear rack, tail plastic...and then put it all back after I change a bulb. I CANNOT get to them through the passenger seat area like others can.
Holy Crap! That's a lot of work. But, it must be worth it. Enjoy! :)

I recently got a set of 7W Cree 1157 type to try in the Wee.... those suckers are seriously brighter than anything you've ever seen, likely bordering on obnoxious. They are red (best behind a red lens), good light dispersion, same length dimensions as a standard 1157...... the only trouble is, I have yet to get them working on the running light side. Test ok on a battery, but once I put them in the socket the running light side doesn't work..... something going on with the cheap sockets in the Suzi....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RaYzerman19" data-cid="1149620" data-time="1400733165"><p>

I recently got a set of 7W Cree 1157 type to try in the Wee.... those suckers are seriously brighter than anything you've ever seen, likely bordering on obnoxious. They are red (best behind a red lens), good light dispersion, same length dimensions as a standard 1157...... the only trouble is, I have yet to get them working on the running light side. Test ok on a battery, but once I put them in the socket the running light side doesn't work..... something going on with the cheap sockets in the Suzi....</p></blockquote>

I'm interested. Let us know if you get them working. Got a link? Any pics of before/ after?

Worney