Tan Bag/Bra suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fljab

Reaction score
I'm looking to add a tank bag/bra setup for my '09A. Wanting to maybe have something where there is a bra (not the cross-drssing type!) that stays on the tank and has clips attached to put on/off the bag quickly.

Any suggestions? Anyone use something like this? Been doing some searching but it's always good to get advice from some of you that maybe have seen or used the actual product.

Thanks!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104387

google "tank bag site:fjrforum.com" - google is your friend, it's ???????? site:fjrforum.com

I'm a Nelson Rigg fan...both my tank bags come with a rain cover...plastic material with an elastic bottom that just slips over the closed tank bag in seconds. I purchased mine from New Enough, but MotorcycleSuperstore.com and others also sell them. My fav supplier to purchase from is New Enough, but I also give MotorcycleSuperstore, Dennis Kirk, and Chaparral Racing business with always satisfactory results. Google the particular product you are interested in for prices, etc.

My mini CL-50 is my every day bag.

Nelson Rigg CL-50 at New Enough

CL-50.jpg

My large CL-350 is my touring or overnight bag.

Nelson Rigg CL-350 at New Enough

CL-350.jpg

I'm very partial to magnetic bags and have not had a problem with scratching or damage to the tank. I do, however, spray wax the tank maybe quarterly with Fast Wax.

product_fw1_lg.jpg

Oh, for lagniappe, I and others like the Nelson Rigg UV2000 Half Cover while touring. It packs small, is reasonably priced, and works well. I use a large because I don't cover my top case. It's reported the XLarge will cover the whole bike is you have a top case.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=103509

I'm looking to add a tank bag/bra setup for my '09A. Wanting to maybe have something where there is a bra (not the cross-drssing type!) that stays on the tank and has clips attached to put on/off the bag quickly.
Any suggestions? Anyone use something like this? Been doing some searching but it's always good to get advice from some of you that maybe have seen or used the actual product.

Thanks!
Just did a review of this item last week. well built and designed. Nice strong magnets that didnt scratch any part of the tank:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=122996

GreyGoose

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks!
I use the bagster system. Tank cover w/ multiple bags/map pockets to use. Most versatile system with excellent fit for the tank cover. Only down side is waiting 4 weeks for production and delivery from France.

Bagster website

What you are describing is a Bagster set-up. I've been running that on my FJR for a couple of years and it is very functional. How attractive it is is best left up to the beerholder, but I don't think it is any more butt-ugly than any other tank bag, which is to say it IS butt-ugly. Functionality costs something. Here's a picture of my dealio:

2095193990098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

On 1st gens, the tank cover also acts as a thermal barrier to keep the heat off your impotent parts in the summer, but that is not as much benefit to you second genners.

I leave my small tank bag on the 100% of the time, as my electronic gear is inside. The main utility of the quick releasing system is at night in bringing the $$ gear inside the hotel is a non-event.

I can recommend the Bagster system, though it isn't cheap, and is somewhat hard to procure.

Good luck with your quest.

[edit] PS - Tan bras are not very exciting. I prefer the zebra prints myself...

V295330_CROP1.jpg

If I had found this before the Second Look group buy, I think I would have gone with this. I like idea of it not (really) being able to get anything underneath it.

Perhaps have a look at the magnetic type of tank protector
https://www.mag-knight.com/news.htm

However, I'm not sure that you want to be talking about Zebras, lest some of the sheep get jealous of old guys looking at things like this, especially on a Friday:

203a_p_wl000875_7_p.jpg

I think Fred was simply wanting all of us to see what he thought he saw after happy hour on a Friday. Beeoooty is in the eye of the beerholder!! Looked darn good to me!!

+1 on the Bagster. Butt-ugly? Nah, not in this beholder's eyes. :)

Got mine from here and the shipping cost was covered by the VAT I did not have to pay.
Well, I must say that your Bagster bag is a bit better looking than mine. What is the name of that model bag?

Mine is the "City Trail", which is really intended for use on a dual sport bike. Maybe this summer I should spend a few shekels on a (sexier) new tank bag... :unsure:

My point about the "butt ugly" is that, to my eye, all tank bags look sort of like goofy appendages.

Functional certainly, but they all look like big warts. :glare:

The US distributor, and only place that I know in the USA that you can buy these Bagster products is: RideAddict.com

Hey Bagster guys, I seem to recall Dean Tanji telling me that he didn't like the fasteners on the bagster system and had them removed and installed something different. What do you guys think?

I remember the first time I saw a bagster system. It was on a Busa. I have been obsessed with them ever since. :)

I dunno about tan or zebra bras. I'm kinda partial to black myself. Do you like my black bra?

stacked-platinum-blonde-showing-off-black-bra-cleavage.jpg

What is the name of that model bag?
Mine is the Minea. Looks OK, works reasonable. I like the fact that it is quite flat, but can expand from 12 litres to 21. The downside is that it has no outside pockets, which are handy for food items on long rides.

Well, [SIZE=14pt]Hello Kitty[/SIZE] :dribble: !!

(That isn't really you, is it? :unsure: I thought I read about you having some really short hair recently... :rolleyes: )

I've not had any problems with the fasteners (yet) and have not heard of anyone else that has, but I can see how the rear-most ones might pull out of the tank cover if the bag is overloaded or yanked on hard. Probably the best bet would be to contact Dean directly and ask what his experience was with them.

What is the name of that model bag?
Mine is the Minea. Looks OK, works reasonable. I like the fact that it is quite flat, but can expand from 12 litres to 21. The downside is that it has no outside pockets, which are handy for food items on long rides.
Thanks for that. I think that bag may go on my "wish list". Not cheap at $123 plus shipping, but the Baltic blue one looks very nice and functional. I like that you can take it off and wear it like a backpack. :thumbsup: