Tank Bag needed.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon51

Reaction score
I need a tank bag. My old one has been a good one, but with the new bike I want something that isn't sun faded and frayed.

I like to keep a light thermal sweater, pocket camera, travel atlas, spare ear plug, iPod. I also carry a water bottle, some fruit and crackers. And in the rain pants and a neck warmer and that I need to access the camera and iPod often and easily. I also carry reading glasses and sun glasses, and swap them out wile on the move.

In the new bag I would like it to be waterproof so I don't need to lose another cover at 70. I would like the ability to pass my ear bud cord through. I want a map pouch on top. Easy access to the gas tank.

Recommendations?

I need a tank bag. My old one has been a good one, but with the new bike I want something that isn't sun faded and frayed.
I like to keep a light thermal sweater, pocket camera, travel atlas, spare ear plug, iPod. I also carry a water bottle, some fruit and crackers. And in the rain pants and a neck warmer and that I need to access the camera and iPod often and easily. I also carry reading glasses and sun glasses, and swap them out wile on the move.

In the new bag I would like it to be waterproof so I don't need to lose another cover at 70. I would like the ability to pass my ear bud cord through. I want a map pouch on top. Easy access to the gas tank.

Recommendations?
First Gear Laguna Tankbag

GreyGoose

I've had an RKA mid-sized for 5+ years; good bag, well designed and made. I like the fact that two panels of an AAA map fit in the map compartment without additional folding. Not waterproof at all without cover. Ian, Iowa

Recommendations?

Nelson Rigg CL-350

Thanks for the help. I went with the the Rapid Transit Recon 19 that cadman recommended.

Firstgear-Laguna-GPS looked great, but the price was a little above my budget.

what about bar clearance on the nelson riggs 350, and the recon 19 ?

I have heli bar tree and i don't want the bars to get to the bag when i turn to the stops

Recommendations?

Nelson Rigg CL-350

+1

Go to Biker bandit and look at the Fieldsheer Contour Magnetic tank bag. It retails for around $110 and its on closeout for $53 and change.

Best tank bag I found was the Wolfman Timberwoolf Strap. Don't really like the magnetic thing so much, and the size is perfect. Might be slightly big for some, but it doesn't mess with full lock.

https://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tank/timberwolf_strap.html

IMAG0006.jpg

I recently bought the Bags Connection Engage....looks good on the bike and doesnt touch the paint. Very functional...I have the smaller one and it's pleny big enough but for longer rides you might want to consider the XL. Thats probably what I'll go for when I do the long rides

FJRK dont want to take over the tread but could you tell me what Top Box your sporting and what attachment you have? Thanks

028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have their "Daypack II" Sold the original Daypack I with ring mount with my old Ninja when i sold it. Bought the II the day financing went thru on the FJR in march of 07 :)

I recently bought the Bags Connection Engage....looks good on the bike and doesnt touch the paint. Very functional...I have the smaller one and it's pleny big enough but for longer rides you might want to consider the XL. Thats probably what I'll go for when I do the long rides
FJRK dont want to take over the tread but could you tell me what Top Box your sporting and what attachment you have? Thanks

028.jpg