tank bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rls

Reaction score
I have been looking at several tank bags -both magnet and strap mount- for my FJR. Yes I have searched and still have questions regarding the strap type mounts. Where do most attach the straps on the FJR? I am looking for a medium sized bag. How is fuel access with either type? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Rick

I like the magnetic type it's easy to remove to fuel up a then put right back on the bike, never had any problems with it. Works great.

I have been looking at several tank bags -both magnet and strap mount- for my FJR. Yes I have searched and still have questions regarding the strap type mounts. Where do most attach the straps on the FJR? I am looking for a medium sized bag. How is fuel access with either type? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Rick
I put a Bag-Connection from SW-Motech on my '07. It uses a mounting plate that is attached using the replacement bolts through the holes of the tank's fuel access. It keeps the bag off the tank. I'm limited in space for the back as I have a riser plate which moves the bars back and restricts the size of the bag unless you don't might hitting it with full swing of the bar.

I use a 19L expandable Marsee strap type bag. The front strap goes around the steering neck, the rear around the bottom of the tank bracket. Quick release clips top and bottom. No problems unclipping the bottom and flipping it up to get gas. I had it from the previous bike, and it just works well for me, so I didn't bother to change to a magnetic bag. About 107k on the bag so far, still going strong and no issues or wear problems.

Rls, I `spec everyone's got their own opinions about tank bags. I opted for strap as I'll be carrying stuff I'd really rather not take any chance on falling off, but like you wasn't exactly sure how things attached. Trust me, it all goes on pretty easy.

I've got the Cortech Super10 strap. It fits nicely with minimum intereference with stearing even with a GPS on left control mount. It's a good size for day rides but I'll probably opt for something in the 18-21L size eventually. The front strap loop is through a black metal bracket around the front of the triple tree and the back strap is looped through the bracket that the front tongue of the driver seat slides under. Both very secure, but still leave way too much strap showing....my only gripe. As for gassing the beast, release 2 quick clips up front and flip the bag back onto the seat....no problems. Full removal is also easy with the quick-clip setup (3 total).

Good luck shopping,

VPup

I have a Marsee 29L strap bag, from my ST1100 that I'm using, I also have a mag tank bag ,the strap bag takes a little longer to get on and off to gas up, Ialso have my GMRS radio,Autocom and heated plug hook to my bag, I think I would prefer the magnet, what ever bag you use put something on the tank to protect the paint, I have a Bagster tank cover they also have clear paint protector kits from Preimer Cycle Accessories.