Tank Bra

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
I received mine today but no pictures.

Can someone explain to me what each strap hooks to or goes around.

Pictures would be nice :D

Thaks

Sorry Stef to waste your time.

I decided to go out and just look and it is so simple not even funny.

I got the Bagster Tank Cover like TWN has.

It has a strap in the front that goes around the neck of the frame.

Two straps, one on each side, that you have to take the allen out of the plastic side cover under the tank and the allen goes through the hole.

Two straps at the rear which you have to remove the seat and they go around the bracket that the tank pivets on.

Pretty easy really but the cover definitely needs some time to warm up and conform to the tank.

Thanks again for the response.

Gene

Hey Sparky3008,

Mine is due to be delivered this Friday.

So am I to understand that you don't need to remove the tank for this instillation.

I hope to get mine installed this weekend.

Thanks

Mark

Tanky stays put. You just need to undo two bolts and pop the seat off. After the initial install, you'll just need to pop the seat off. Do put a good coat of high quality wax on the tank before you cover it.

Oh, by the way...

I feared that dust and debris would collect under the cover. Never had a bit collect there except all the dead squished bugs that lodge in between the seat and the very back/bottom of the tank which, in my case, is exposed. Matter of fact, two weeks ago I took a little ride out to Soda Lake and noticed that Gretta Garmin showed that Soda Lake Road ran all the way through to Hwy 166. Well, it does, 'cept for the center section of 20 miles of graded dirt and gravel! Of course it was either proceed 20 miles or retrace 15 miles and I was getting a bit low on fuel so...

In any event, when I got home, the bike was covered in fine dust everywhere except under the cover! I was pleased to say the least. I must say the other than croissants, this is the only other thing the French do right! ;)

Hey Sparky3008,Mine is due to be delivered this Friday.

So am I to understand that you don't need to remove the tank for this instillation.

I hope to get mine installed this weekend.

Thanks

Mark
Mine is still a bit stiff so it isn't exactly flush with the tank yet. I figure I will just a little at a time tighten the straps until it touches the tank. Right now at the gas fill it is a little high. All in all though very easy job to install and looks really good.

FYI, if you have never received anything from BikeJohnny before if you are not home you will have to pick it up at the post office. They will not leave it at the door. Registered mail...

Hey Guys,

The Bagster setup was the first thing I had for my FJR (got it befor ehte bike arrived even). I was more than just a little disturbed at the fit initially and thought "There's no way in hell this thing will ever conform", but it eventually did. Sparky has it pretty much bang on... ride it for a couple days, let it sit out in the sun for a few hours and then tighten it down a bit. Repeat every few days and it'll eventually settle in like a custom made glove. Use the fill cap cut-out to align it... it should ALWAYS be round, not oval. At the start, it's okay for it to be a bit low or high, but keep it round as much as possible. You'll fnd with a bit of experimentation which straps deform the gas cutout in which directions. Once it's settle in and gotten the right shape, it's no trouble to get it perfect every time you take it off (which is every two months or so for me, mostly just to check that nothing got under there - nothing yet).

IMO, Bagster is THE BEST tank bag and cover setup there is. Worth every penny and then some.

Sparky, what bag did you get? I'm looking to get another but want to make sure I don't get the one you have... I'm looking for one slightly smaller. I have the Athena, which is one of the "rounded" ones. I prefer the older squarish style like yours. They keep their shape better.

Hey Guys,
The Bagster setup was the first thing I had for my FJR (got it befor ehte bike arrived even). I was more than just a little disturbed at the fit initially and thought "There's no way in hell this thing will ever conform", but it eventually did. Sparky has it pretty much bang on... ride it for a couple days, let it sit out in the sun for a few hours and then tighten it down a bit. Repeat every few days and it'll eventually settle in like a custom made glove. Use the fill cap cut-out to align it... it should ALWAYS be round, not oval. At the start, it's okay for it to be a bit low or high, but keep it round as much as possible. You'll fnd with a bit of experimentation which straps deform the gas cutout in which directions. Once it's settle in and gotten the right shape, it's no trouble to get it perfect every time you take it off (which is every two months or so for me, mostly just to check that nothing got under there - nothing yet).

IMO, Bagster is THE BEST tank bag and cover setup there is. Worth every penny and then some.

Sparky, what bag did you get? I'm looking to get another but want to make sure I don't get the one you have... I'm looking for one slightly smaller. I have the Athena, which is one of the "rounded" ones. I prefer the older squarish style like yours. They keep their shape better.
Don't want to get the one I have? Huh I want to make some smart comment here but nothing comes to mind :D

Actually I haven't gotten a bag yet. I got the cover to protect the tank from my riding jacket, road debris and the fact that it can connect to a bag in the future.

PS. The heat from the tank quickly helps it conform. In about 2 days time I have it pretty well conformed.

Excellent purchase.

Gene

Yup - my bad... I was following CBX6's linky, not yours.

If you're interested, Cima International is now the US distributor for Bagster. You can order through them and avoid international shipping charges if you decide you want to get a bag on that puppy.

If you're interested, Cima International is now the US distributor for Bagster. You can order through them and avoid international shipping charges if you decide you want to get a bag on that puppy.
Linky??

If you're interested, Cima International is now the US distributor for Bagster.  You can order through them and avoid international shipping charges if you decide you want to get a bag on that puppy.
Linky??
Just did a search......... I found CIMA International in Wheaton, IL. No web site! :eek: :angry03: :eh:

If you're interested, Cima International is now the US distributor for Bagster.  You can order through them and avoid international shipping charges if you decide you want to get a bag on that puppy.
Linky??
Just did a search......... I found CIMA International in Wheaton, IL. No web site! :eek: :angry03: :eh:
Thanks,

I went to Bagster.com and did the dealer search thing came up with same.

Guess I will have to use old technology (Phone) if I decide to get a bag. :D

Thanks for the info

Phone or email. They were pretty quick on the email replies... about an hour or so saw a response in my mailbox.

The bag I have came with the FJR Bagster special deal they did a couple of years ago. I think it is called the "Alpha" bag but don't quote me on that. I am not sure if it is still available. The bag works fine if not a little tight to the bars. But not to close not to work. I also don't really like the way it opens. They could have run the zippers higher to the top in the front to make it open easier. But I am not complaining trhough. I seldom ride with it unless it is a long trip. I also think the bagster is the best tank cover.