Tank Panniers Under the Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoStrap

Reaction score
I was looking around on the GS Penny Thread ideas on ADV and came across a guy that mounted tank panniers under the seat of the GS. Sooooooo.....

I got to thinking maybe it would work on the FJR?? I had a set of cheap Tusk ones that were too short to get all the way across and hang freely.

I then tried a set of wolfman bags which have adjustable straps. I had to do some creative routing of the straps but I got it worked out. The bags wouldn't work over the gas tank because it was too big and I couldnt find a way to run the straps to hold them down.

When I sit on the bike there is no problem with my legs getting in the way. One of the straps connects to the rear foot pegs/side bag hanger. The bottom of the bag rests on the rear foot peg, and has clearance from the exhaust, so it shouldn't get to hot.

Just an idea for people looking for more storage. Those straps hanging down are some extenders that were added, but I'll remove and get them out of the way.

1206444687_yf9Qr-M.jpg

1206444553_5Hsp4-M.jpg

1206444617_JFmn2-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad MotoStrap. You could also mount the bags by the tank this way (put the straps under the tank). That would make them a little tougher to get them on and off the tank but it would put them where you had intended.

Heck you could do both the tank and the seat!

David

I had an extra set of soft bags that I was using for my XS-2 that fit under the seat in about the same way. I think it's a great idea! :)