Tank top case for my 2D nav system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
On the fallen officer ride awhile back, I met up with a guy (sorry, can't recall his name) at Laidlaw who had a custom map case attatched to his FJR's tank. I liked the idea of having the map on the tank without having anything touching my tanks paint. Since I'm so busy at work (read: bored off my ass) I decided to take a stab at making one of my own. I thought I'd share the results B) The case itself is from Riderwarehouse, It's been modified for my purposes. The top is made of .032 6061 T6 and the bottom is made of .100 6061 T6, 2 brass hinges and a few pop rivets later and we have something rather unique.

Easy to see while riding and doesn't hit anything lock to lock. The spring clips arn't really needed, but there there anyway.

DSC_1031.jpg

Flips up for fueling, 2 pieces of velcro hold the lid in place. 0 rattles today at freeway speeds

DSC_1032.jpg

It's mounted using the top 3 fuel ring bolts with extra spacers to keep everything well clear of the paint

DSC_1034.jpg

Thankie, it's already prooved useful B)

Got so bored today that I made a matching Video Camera mount :p

DSC_1035.jpg

Tested it out a bit ago and I need to change the mounting angle a bit and add a couple gussets to bring the vibes down. But other than that it worked fairly well for a prototype :yahoo:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't tell Skyway! :rolleyes:

I need my footplate, first.

:yahoo:

What's the white doo-hickey with all the buttons mounted on your left bar?
That doo-hickey is an Airclick remote for my 4th gen iPod. I keep my iPod in the brest pocket of my 'Stitch and use earbuds. The Airclick allows me full control of my iPod, including volume control B)

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDon't tell Skyway! :rolleyes:
Bah, he does better work that I do anyway, I'm just a hack :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Silent, I see you made the platen wider than mine.

Hope you have good results with the camera mount. Both items look very professional.