Tankslappers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the total protection kit for $49, does anyone have this kit or tried their products?

Here's my review

I like it :clapping:

I later went back and had him redo my bags to the 3M material.

I found the tankslapper material not sticking well when exposed to the wind.

Everything else was well protected from the wind in my experience. (just not the bags)

Last edited by a moderator:
I put on the full kit a while back. Th 3M pieces are fine, but I have lost 7 different regular pieces due to wind and hard rain

I've got the three piece tankslapper kit.

The side pieces are almost invisible....and haven't come loose in 5k miles.

The top piece is ok....prolly didn't do as good a job as I should have when I put it on. But it's protecting the tank and stays in place without fuss (it's just a little more visible than I'd like).

I have the three piece kit on my 08. The side panels are nearly invisible. The front piece saved my tank already. I parked and was getting off in a hurry to file some papers at the State House which was closing. In my haste I hit my tank with something that was in my hand. instead of having a scratched tank the Tankslapper film was scratched and torn a little. I have never had any of the pieces come off even after riding in a downpour. I have also noticed that the center piece saves my tank from my coat which seems to rub that area. I am 100% satisfied with the three piece kit but I would like to point out that the tank does not get the wind that other parts of the bike get. I am not sure how pieces on other areas of the bike would work in windy and rainy conditions.

I have the three piece kit on my 08. The side panels are nearly invisible. The front piece saved my tank already. I parked and was getting off in a hurry to file some papers at the State House which was closing. In my haste I hit my tank with something that was in my hand. instead of having a scratched tank the Tankslapper film was scratched and torn a little. I have never had any of the pieces come off even after riding in a downpour. I have also noticed that the center piece saves my tank from my coat which seems to rub that area. I am 100% satisfied with the three piece kit but I would like to point out that the tank does not get the wind that other parts of the bike get. I am not sure how pieces on other areas of the bike would work in windy and rainy conditions.
+1

Love the 3 piece kit.

I have had good luck with my tank protection kit. It is worse for wear (better than my tank getting the abuse). I will probably replace the kit soon to keep the look clean. The trick is a clean surface to get it to stick. Waxing the surfaces first helps ensure good adhesion.

-BD

I have the full kit.

It works fairly well, but the edges do show. I haven't riden in rain but so far all peices have stayed on.

The fit is suspect in some cases, but I made it work.

It was worth the $50 but I'm glad I didn't pay more.