• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TCX X-Five Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
After just pulling the trigger on a pair of Tourmaster Solution 2 Boots, I start seeing the boots that I REALLY wanted going on sale at various sites.

Don't know if there is a new boot in the making but I thought I would pass this on since these are great boots:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TCX-X-Five-Plus-Gore-Tex-Boots-street-Black-mens-size-12-11-10-/140892875428?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D3944680486201966738%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D140892875428%26

They are starting to appear on other sites also.

They are great boots.

I have had a pair for several months now and with daily use they are still very much like new. They broke in quick and are comfortable enough to wear/walk in all day at the office.

Price is also good.

As a note I have pretty wide feet and they fit me comfortably at the correct length. So if you are looking for a wide boot they are a good choice.

Thanks Tony!! My old Tourmaster solutions are pretty beat up, and the soles are getting worn awfully smooth, so these look like just the ticket to replace them. Just ordered myself a pair!! I'll have my wife give them to me for Xmas! ;)

These are the follow-ons from the Oxtar Matrix aren't they? Good durable boot.
Thats correct, my wife has the Oxtars and my observations between the Oxtars and my tourmasters are :

The Oxtars are worth every penny extra. They provide better ankle protection, the shifting pad is much beefier and the foot side support is MUCH better. Fred will be happy! And maybe he can do a comparison from actual wear. I will also pick up a pair when I find them in size 10.

The only downside that I can think of, would be on initial comfort and break-in time for the TCXs.

These are the follow-ons from the Oxtar Matrix aren't they? Good durable boot.
Thats correct, my wife has the Oxtars and my observations between the Oxtars and my tourmasters are :

The Oxtars are worth every penny extra. They provide better ankle protection, the shifting pad is much beefier and the foot side support is MUCH better. Fred will be happy! And maybe he can do a comparison from actual wear. I will also pick up a pair when I find them in size 10.

The only downside that I can think of, would be on initial comfort and break-in time for the TCXs.
My Matrix boots are 8 years old and are pretty much like bedroom slippers with soles that are still in decent shape. Best boots I've ever owned plus they've never leaked. Assuming the Matrix qualities are still there, those TCX boots should be a really good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tony!! My old Tourmaster solutions are pretty beat up, and the soles are getting worn awfully smooth, so these look like just the ticket to replace them. Just ordered myself a pair!! I'll have my wife give them to me for Xmas!
wink.png
Excellent Idea Fred ! I had Gail pre Xmas me a pair a week ago
yahoo.gif
breakin them in a bit 'round the house .... so far very comfy

Had some Zilla cash so the price was even better

I've had that pair of TCX boots this whole past season, and I love them. Break-in was pleasant and quick. What I enjoyed about them most, is usually with tall boots like that, it can sometimes be problematic, at least for me, to find something that's not too tight at the calf. It has that nice big patch of velcro on the flap, and the zipper seems quite durable. Best thing I like about the ad you posted Tony is that the price is about $55 less than what I paid last Spring.

Thanks Tony!! My old Tourmaster solutions are pretty beat up, and the soles are getting worn awfully smooth, so these look like just the ticket to replace them. Just ordered myself a pair!! I'll have my wife give them to me for Xmas!
wink.png
Excellent Idea Fred ! I had Gail pre Xmas me a pair a week ago
yahoo.gif
breakin them in a bit 'round the house .... so far very comfy

Had some Zilla cash so the price was even better
So we'll be twinsies next summer?
nerdsmiley.png

I actually made my obligatory search for product reviews and watched the video at RevZilla before placing the order. Anthony sold me on them. ;) They sound like quite an awesome boot. Pretty much everything I would be looking for. Having a bigger toe box is key for me, especially at this time of year (heavier wool socks)

Dang nice looking boots but the 11s are out of stock.
sadsmiley.gif

Sorry, it seems I got the last pair of 11's
tonguesmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought these a couple/three years ago mostly because they came in wide sizes and couldn't be happier. Very comfortable to wear on and off the bike and are holding up well. Also, as I usually have warm feet, went with the Air Tech version which seems to allow the foot to breathe decently. Never had an issue with water either. Pretty sure you'll find these a good buy.

Tony, I received my TCX’s today.

Old boot were made in Bosnia, new one in Romania.

I bought the old Alpinestar’s in 2007. Would guess about 150,000 Pacific Northwet miles on them. Resoled twice. Still don’t leak but the Velcro has given up the ghost so …

TCX’s look almost the same except a for a single closure flap where the old boot had two flaps. Also the TCX has a bendable spot in the back above the heal bucket. Fit and finish seem very good. Looking forward to putting 150,000 on these.

Thanks for the post.

+1 - I received mine pretty quick. Didn't even know I was ordering from Canada. Doh!
blink.png

Tried them on real quick upon arrival. They are nice and roomy in the toe box, which I was looking for so I can put thicker socks on, and maybe a heated footbed. But alas, then I had to put them back in the box to be wrapped up for me to open on Crimbo mornin'.
rolleyes.gif

So Fred, you will have do your most convincing " I'm so surprised " look for the camera
smile.png
I had been wearing mine around the house and put them to a ride test last week. Very comfy and warm. one question I have is will these boots in the toe box area break in (just a wee bit) as they are a little tight during my upshifts (I could adjust my shifter if need be) but for anyone who's looking, these are great boots for the price!