Techmount GPS Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanFJR

Reaction score
I found lots of pictures of the techmount on a google search but, did not find much information on the length of the shaft that everyone is using no pun intended :p Has anyone had any experience with the 2.5 inch shaft and the 3.5 inch shaft. I am not sure which length that would be best to mount a GPS. Any comments is suggested. Thanks, Dean

FJR Techmount

I have the 2.5" mount and I think if I did it again I would go with the 3.5" The 2.5" puts the gps pretty low causing me to look down farther than I would like. I am not sure how much one inch more would help but it would be better.

(I am sure there will be comments on that last sentence...)

b

As a follow-up...

If you are able, come down to EOM. Lots of bikes to check out, lots of good peeps, and plenty of good riding!

BG

I have the 2.5" mount and I think if I did it again I would go with the 3.5" The 2.5" puts the gps pretty low causing me to look down farther than I would like. I am not sure how much one inch more would help but it would be better.(I am sure there will be comments on that last sentence...)

b
Just tell her it's 3.5", (she'll never know!)

I found lots of pictures of the techmount on a google search but, did not find much information on the length of the shaft that everyone is using no pun intended :p Has anyone had any experience with the 2.5 inch shaft and the 3.5 inch shaft. I am not sure which length that would be best to mount a GPS. Any comments is suggested. Thanks, Dean

FJR Techmount
You can also use a ram mount on the stem nut. You can buy three lengths of ram arms up to 5.5". I normally use a short one with a small tank bag. For my new large tank bag, I will need the long one. It takes seconds to change the ram arms. I understand some people find the techmount hard to adjust but some say that is because they didn't read the instructions.