Techmount mod for Zumo 660

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harald

"Superior Gen 4" Rider
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I've had my Zumo 660 since back in October, but haven't had the chance to mount it on the bike. Plus I was undecided on which mount to use. I finally committed to the Techmount Stem mount and ordered it last month. I ordered the long stem one because I want to clear my tankbag.

During my filleting of the FJR to repair my corroded spider, I decided that while everything is apart would be a good time to install the Zumo mount. While trial fitting I found that it still wasn't quite high enough as factory configured. So I countersunk the other centered mount hole on the plate to gain an additional inch or so. With the Zumo bracket mounted I also notice a couple other annoyances: there's part of the Techmount plate exposed above the Zumo that serves no purpose other than to block part of my speedo and the Zumo release bar is hard to actuate between the plate and GPS. So I cut off the top of the mount plate and also notched the side for easier Zumo removal. Easy to do in any garage with a hacksaw and a file.

Here's the modified mount plate:

techmountmod.jpg

And here it is with the Zumo mount installed:

techmountmod2.jpg