Techwest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverbullet

Reaction score
Wow, 4 days have passed, and unless I missed something, (I may have, I have monster cold and flu) The proper accolades to Dan Denchel, Dale Wilson, (AKA Warchild) and the rest of the Desert Valley Powersports staff, and trying not to exclude anyone and everyone, (because it was a dealership effort) have not yet been properly acknowledged. What a kick ass good time was had by all on Saturday for Techwest number "Who cares, they just seem to love to do this"

Jenny advised me that I was probably not really up to the trip, and I told her that once my feet were on the pegs, life was gonna be good. I was right, she was wrong. (she is always right unless riding is involved) With circumstances beyond our control, we were not able to leave our humble berg north of Seattle in time to attend the festivities in the Tri-Cites. (Rush hour in Seattle/Bellevue didn't help) We did manage to make the start up time at 9:00 am on Saturday, and lo and behold there was give or take 30 FJR owners there. Now, that is rather impressive that considering that for WFO's 1 and 2, that was the full slate for attendies.

The event itself was the usual collection of FJR owners old an new, comparing bikes/farkles, as well as an opportunity to learn a few tricks about owning/customizing our bikes to our own personal tastes. (It was also an opportunity to learn what many of us would rather not attempt on our own...really small snicker here.... sorry Dale...)

The real story is about the fact the event itself happens at all. This is not a small endeavor, and tying up your service department for an entire day is not a small contribution to our FJR community. Not to mention, if Chewy ever opens a Mexican Joint, I will come to work as a dishwasher just for free food.

In the end, we should be grateful that out west we have a dealer that is so involved with our chosen hobby that they offer something like Techwest. if you missed it this time, don't miss it again.

And to you Dan, God Bless You, I never felt another touch of my cold untill I was safely home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep hearing about Techwest, what was it?
Techwest was a event held this last weekend by These Fine Folks that support the FJR community like their own children.

Basically a do-it-yourself wrenching session by their mechanics showing us how-tos from upgrading fork internals to doing a TBS, changing and plugging tires (thanks to WC, Iggy and IronMaiden) and stripping plastic.

This was my first, but hats off to Dan and his staff. An excellent event and great to see and meet good people who enjoy the same passion.

--G

Thanks for asking Dave, and thanks for your offer as we were leaving. We didn't hit any real rain untill we were well over the top of the pass, and got home before the gullywasher started. We never even bothered to stop and don the raingear. Considering we both had our colds, probably not real smart, but as long as the jackets were plugged in, it was a warm kinda wet. Jenny says thanks again for the offer, and she didn't even mind I didn't tell her untill we were on the freeway. She did say however that must have explained why you were grinning at us as we pulled out. :lol:

I just wanted to add my great big THANK YOU to everyone involved in putting on TECHWEST 07! Dan and his crew at Desert Valley Powersports really went all out to make this a remarkable event. The FJR community in the Northwest is truly lucky to have such a supportive dealership in our area. Mother Yam. could learn a few things from these guys! To War Child and his possee. WELL DONE!!