Texarkana, TX, Yamaha Sports Center in

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groo

The Endless Font of Useless Knowledge...
Reaction score
I purchased my FJR 2 years ago this month (wow, can it have really been that long?) in the PDP from Tony O. at Yamaha Sportscenter. Took delivery that September, and couldn't have been happier. The people were friendly, knowledgable, willing to work with me, and made me feel like a valued customer. I got the same deal as was being offered at D&H, and Sunnyside, without having to act like a Persian Rug merchant, offer up my firstborn child, or take a plane to get there. For people in the area of Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma, it's an option that should be considered.

Most of you are aware of lotecredneck posting Yamaha related information here on the site... that's Tony O. I've steered other people who were interested towards them, and every one has had positive things to say. I just wish they were closer so I could use them if I ever have any major diagnostic or "tick" related repair work to do. They also sell the YES warranty coverage for prices similar to D&H...

They've got lots of their stuff online too... Yamaha Sportscenter

A definite 2 thumbs WAY up. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't agree more with you. I have been dealing with Tony and his staff for over 5 years now without ANY complaints. I've gotten a Roadie and a Warrior from Tony and tons of parts and service work for them plus my wife's 1100 VStar. The parts guys (Randy and Brad) are top-notch and if they don't have it in stock they know where they can get it and typically at a competitive discount. I can't say enough about this dealership - I feel sorry for those that don't have a local guy like Tony near them. Well worth the trip to visit AND there are some fantastic roads to ride in the area!

Glad to add to the accolades for Tony and his staff. I have purchased from them for several years for my various Yamaha bikes, including the 80 XS 1100G and YX 600 Radian. Randy and his parts guys take good care of me way out here in southern CA.

I am a lucky guy as I have another great 5 Star Dealer, Yamaha of Cucamonga just 3 miles from me. They are magnificent also!!

I'll chime in for the great service! When dropping by on a trip they got us in almost immediately for 600 mile service on two bikes. Did a great job with friendly style and a good price! Thumbs up!

:yahoo: I second Groo's sentiments about Tony and everyone @ Yamaha Sportscenter in Texarkana.

I first came across Tony back in '04 when I was planning my ride back from another dealership that I had purchased my '05 FJR from, as Tony's dealership was just about six hundred miles from the initial dealership and since I tend to be by the book, was looking for a dealership that could do the six hundred mile specified maintenance.

Called Yamaha Sportscenter and Tony said it would be "no problem". Tony even took the time to suggest a bunch of great motorcycle roads to take as I came through Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas.

Well lo and behold when I arrived on the projected date and time, they were actually ready and waiting for me!

I have talked to Tony on many occasions since and he has always been gracious enough to answer all my questions concerning maintenance, pricing, GPS, after market motorcycle seats, great motorcycle routes, etc., etc.

Well when I decided to buy my '06 FJR, you can only guess who got my business and he gave me a great price as many of you who have bought FJR's from Tony can attest.

Tony always kept me in the loop and facilitated to my shipping him a bunch of components that I wanted put on my new '06 FJR.

Tony and his crew installed:

1.) the stemstand

2.) the wiring harness for my Garmin 2730

3.) the adaptor plate for the Garmin 2730

4.) the securing plate for the Garmin 2730

5.) the Garmin 2730

6.) the Motovation frame sliders

7.) the Throttlemeisters

8.) the Powerlet single left rear outlet (hard wired)

9.) adjusted handlebars to the position I had specified

10.) adjusted the seat to the position I had specified

11.) Tony personally changed my oil, oil filter, and final drive oil after my "Motoman break-in".

12.) Tony personally did my 600 mile maintenance check.

All the wiring bundles were corrected routed and professionally and neatly tied off.

All the people who work there have customer service as their top priority. I haven't seen anyone having a bad day in all my dealings with them ... this place is consistently on the mark!!!

They follow Tony's lead and back up promises with performance and getting everything done.

If they don't know the answer they will find out for you.

Tony and his organization is big time two thumbs up in my book.

:yahoo: :clapping: Scott :clapping: :yahoo:

I just picked up my new 06 FJR1300A today, and just want to Thank Tony and his staff for being courteous, knowledgeable, and very welcoming!!! Thanks again Tony! :D

All of my Yamaha purchases will be from him!!!

Todd

+1 on Tony, his staff and Yamaha Sportscenter being top rate!

I picked up my '06A on June 15. :yahoo: He meet me at the airport, checked out the bike with me and introduced me to some of his FJR's farkles.

I look forward to doing additional business with them in the future. :D

rublenoon, aka Young

:clapping: Just another accolade for Tony O. and his Yamaha Sportscenter in Texarkana. I called Tony about a problem I had encountered with one of the liners for my hardbags and before you could say jumpin jack flash Tony had solved my problems by generously arranging to send me a set of bag liners and a couple of key chains to make up for the defective Yamaha liner.

I only wish all establishments were as service orientated as Tony's!!! :yahoo:

Howdy,

Picked up my '07 A model from Tony's shop in Texarkana about 3 weeks ago. Excellent people there. Picked me up at the Greyhound station, checked the weather for me, offered coffee, and generally made me feel as much at home as you could hope.

The ride home in 36degree rain was not so hospitable.

Anyway, I want to thank you guys for providing plenty of information so that I was able to make this purchase with confidence, knowing I'd made a good decision, and pointing me toward Yamaha Sportscenter where I literally saved thousands.

Thanks,

Scott