Thank you Bill Mayer!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimefjr

Reaction score
What a day...The BMS seats and the Pirelli AngelST tires are here...and I made the HaulinAshe suspension adjustments...I thought I had the perfect bike before this...now it is so perfect I don't even know how to describe it...well let me try...hmmmmmmm, lets see...after riding motorcycles for 44 years and having many different so called custom seats...this is the one...THANK YOU Bill Mayer...I LOVE THIS SEAT! I only had time for 30 miles, but I fell in love instantly...the best thing is...there is no more shifting my body around constantly searching for a sweet spot, I get on the bike now and thats it...I am in the sweet spot, NO MORE searching for a comfortable spot...AWESOME! I stressed on the order that I wanted to remain at the same height I was riding at on the stock in the low position and he did it...very very nice Rocky...it really is perfect...I will do my best to get out for a two hour or more ride this weekend without stopping to see if there is no butt burn...standby for further. I ordered them on 9-24...sent my seats in on 9-25 and they were at my door today 10-2

And I finally got off my butt and made the simple suspension adjustments HaulinAshe recommended and what a complete difference...night and day...the bike turns in nice and tight now...no more wondering in sweepers..no more drifting...and I don't know how but the tighter setting feel smoother as far as feeling every little bump in the road and takes the big bumps/dips away entirely...so the bike now handles like a dream and I haven't even put the new tires on yet : ) I LOVE MY FJR!

003.jpg

006.jpg

010-1.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the reasons I went with the BMS over the other seats is the smaller wings for tight twisties...and I had my first real tight twistie ride today...I like it...I can still get my butt to hang off when I need it...so I continue to be happy with the new seats...

I just rode down to BMS on Monday morning with the wife and had them fit both our butts to the FJR

all I can say is wow what a difference. I just love the seat now. The ride home was heaven!

https://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/D...ures-FJR009.jpg

https://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/D...ures-FJR008.jpg

The next thing I want to tackle is the suspension as well. I tried some of the recommended setting here and I could

feel every crack in the road so I softened it up again. But I'm still doing the wander in the long sweepers, I pull her

down and she pulls back up, we have a little tug of war it seems and I just want her to do what I say, no more, no less.

Anyways congrats on the seat and tires. If you don't mind I'll just envy you having your suspension all dialed in.

The seats look awesome ironhorse...very nice...how is the back rest working...does it push you forward at all? I thought about doing that...and I had originally wanted leather but then saw the pictures of the basketweave on the site and went with the vinyl so I could have the basketweave.

And yes, I am thankfull the suspension tuning worked for me...I actually took my settings back out one click on everything to soften the ride up a bit and it still handles just as good but a little softer ride...I am happy with it for now...I was thinking I would go Penske or ohlins but will putt that off for now. Ride safe and enjoy!

Thank you!

To answer your question yes, the Givi backrest pushes the wife to far foreword. So it looks like the top case will be used on solo rides

for storage. To bad cause that was not a cheap setup. I was also going to try and remove the back rest and remount it on the lower

part of the case but I don't know if the extra inch will made a difference or not.

I just ordered this backrest from Garauld and I know the wife will enjoy this one. Much more affordable than others I have looked at.

he powder coats then to match the bike, very good solid quality. Price was $188.00 shipped. Can't complain with that.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=15491

I really like the basket weave as well, great choice and just looks terrific!

P.S. I was always afraid to use to much throttle with the Givi as it's all mounted on with plastic. I just didn't feel safe

with the wifes life on that Givi mount. I will feel very comfortable with this new one from Gary. The metal is thick and

he has a nice support brace with big welds. I'll just have a little better piece of mind and be able to relax with this one

I'm sure. I'll post a few picks for you after I have it mounted.

Last edited by a moderator: