Thanks Forum For Body of Accumulated Knowledge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of starting a thread, "I just bought a GoPro HD 960 from Costco...what advice do you have to somebody who hasn't used one before?"......I tried some medicine I preach regularly and tried a search on "GoPro".

And, guess what? IT WORKED! :clapping:

While not exhaustive I found at least three promising threads I'm going to check out this afternoon..and I'm sure more if I then do some search term modifications.

Thanks forum for the rich depth of knowledge and ease it is to find things given a minute or two of looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that link worked for you! I get a search error complaining about search criteria...
Seems the new forum software doesn't pass through the search data in that particular URL example. Oh well....still found what I was looking for quite easily. :)

Instead of starting a thread, "I just bought a GoPro HD 960 from Costco...what advice do you have to somebody who hasn't used one before?"...Thanks forum for the rich depth of knowledge and ease it is to find things given a minute or two of looking.
Man, I had to go check the calender to see if today was April 1st :lol:

And, guess what? IT WORKED! :clapping:

While not exhaustive I found at least three promising threads I'm going to check out this afternoon..and I'm sure more if I then do some search term modifications
Glad that link worked for you! I get a search error complaining about search criteria...

Classic. Pure classic.

<Thread bookmarked for future reference.>

So you are saying that after years of telling folks that they should do a search for something first before starting a thread, you finally got around to see if it in fact works? Awesome. ;)

KM

So you are saying that after years of telling folks that they should do a search for something first before starting a thread, you finally got around to see if it in fact works? Awesome. ;)
Naw.....actually whenever I suggest people do a search I always do the search myself first and easily find something. It's just this one--nobody asked first and I didn't already know the answer myself.

My first video is a fairly boring commute, but captured in great detail with optional 720 HD

Wow great picture. Funny how the Feejeer sounds like a tractor sometimes. Now run down 395 below Pendleton and show us some peg scrapin'.

Where did you buy the camera and how much?

Nice camera, the 720p HD looks like a winner. Is there any kind of image stabilization? I would have to find a different mount location because my windshield never stays clean. Is the audio straight off the cam mic? Were you using a wind sock on the mic?

=======================================

Unrelated observations:

Is your ABS light burned out or disconnected? I know you have already changed your dash lights once.

By 8:30 I've been at work for two hours, sign me up to work with you :) Plus, just a 12 minute commute? :blink:

Where are all the trees? I mean, dayum...

Where are the other 498,997 cars?

No image stabilization...it's a $175 camera. I think I can do a couple things though to make the mount a bit more solid.

Three more mounting brackets came with the package...I will likely try the helmet and/or slider for different vantage points than the windshield.

Sound is straight from the unit...with the vented back door. Over 100 mph (or if you want it waterproof) you use the solid back door according to directions.

No ABS on my new-to-me '05. 20,000 Zaphod is different than my 135,000 miles ABS Heart of Gold. ;)

I have flexibility at work and traffic goes away by 8:30. Shh...don't tell anybody else....our population doubled in the past 12 years and we try our best to keep up with traffic. We have 340 van pools...mostly on that commute and an hour or two earlier. That and only 200,000 people live in the area to begin with...we're just beginning to be metropolitan.

I've heard of those tree things....they reduce sight-lines and hurt when you hit them don't they? Gotta love the rain shadow of the Cascades. We get 412 sunny days a year and only 8 inches of rain. About 1/3 of Washington is sagebrush.

...We get 412 sunny days a year and only 8 inches of rain. About 1/3 of Washington is sagebrush.
Well, now I know why you don't have trees.

Can a profile be setup to show one FJR wit and the other wit-out ABS? Or, one AE and the other normal? Not that there are many FJR owners that have this kind of issue.