The Bel RX65 RD Is Not Compatible With HARD System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XLR8

Friday Driver
Reaction score
The Beltronics RX65 Radar Detector is not compatible with the HARD system even though it is supposed to be. It used to work but something has recently changed with the Bel model and it is now broke.

This is a bummer because I just purcased all this stuff.

But the guys at Legal Speeding are working on the problem and they hope to have a fix later.

So what I am thinking about is just using a earphone until they get this fixed. I've done a search here and read about all the earphones everyone is using. The trouble is I don't want to give up my earplugs.

Since I do not listen to music while riding I am wondering if it would be possible to use one of the flatter style earbuds and have it sit ontop of my earplug? Do you think I'd be able to hear the audio from the detector that way? The other option would be to try the LED Visual alert thingy.

Idears?

-r

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an inexpensive set of Koss stereo earplug style headphones with my Passport. I had to add an adapter for the stereo headphones to plug into the mono jack on the Passport, but they work well. They block a lot of sound, though they are not as good as solid foam ear plugs. Still, they are a good compromise.

Last edited by a moderator: