The blond is getting new riding gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exskibum

~<>~<>~<>~<>~
Reaction score
I love my Cycleport Air Mesh Kevlar Riva suit, maybe the most for its versatility for long trips through varying climates and conditions. It's probably also the best protection of any suit I've ever had. In the summer, it's the only way I can do ATGATT and be comfortable here. And . . .

With a hot ride up I-5 to Portland the day WFO-9 lets out, Judy is still in need of satisfactory hot weather riding gear that fits, offers protection and is comfortable in the heat. In September, we'll need to be dressed for 2 weeks of conditions that could vary greatly. So . . .

Today, we took lots of measurements and I called Wayne a few days shy of a year since my last call (to order my suit). She's getting the same suit I have, but with the main and trim colors reversed a different main color. Mine is blue trim on gray, hers will be gray trim on blue, exactly like the following two pics blue trim on black, but otherwise like the following two pics**, and fitted for her:

CycleportAirMeshRivafront600x450.jpg

CycleportAirMeshRivaback600x558.jpg

Aero-tex waterproof liners, and all the safety options: Quad Armor upgrades, Tri Armor sacrum pad, hip pads, and top/bottom zippering. She liked the blue best, but was going to get black, since blue was unlikely to be available. Wayne told me last year that supply of blue kevlar mesh is erratic and it sometimes takes several months to get it, but he happened to have it in stock today, so I went with what she really liked best. He told me that the yellow and red are by far the worst at fading, the darker colors less so, that this blue is fairly dark and that my gray could probably be expected to fade faster than it does. We'll see -- maybe it'll be baby blue one day? Mid June delivery.

** Next day EDIT for blond change of mind -- see post #7 for color change decision. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to hear how satisfied you are with your cycleport gear. :yahoo: I ordered the Kevlar air mesh jacket and pants about 3 weeks ago. My production date is May 20th. It was alot of $$$$ but I have heard so many good things about the gear and company. I agree that its hard to be ATGATT when its 100+ F outside. Wayne and Cycleport said my new suit should keep me comfortable when its hot and cold. BTW I got the liners too. :D

Good stuff to wear when weather is hot! My set is holding up well after almost three years of use...even though the Blk / HiViz combo is fading a touch. :(

--G

I agree with everything thats been said, Cycleport gear is the bees knees, and Wayne is a great person to deal with. As far as price is concerned, I look at it like this: 400 Sq cm (approx 2 x 3 in,) of artificial skin graft will cost you $1000.00 and that's without installation. And after you factor in pain & suffering, the gear is really a bargain for this level of protection.

Well, now it isn't blue anymore. She had me call Wayne today with a color scheme change -- now it's black air mesh kevlar with blue kevlar trim. Maybe she was afraid we'd call her the blond smurf.

You're going to love it! It was hard for me to lay out that much money, last year, as it hit me that it was almost twice the price of my first new bike, a 1962 Honda CB92R, but it's a great jacket, and Wayne's very cool! Am thinking about a pair of "jeans" from him. . .

Well, now it isn't blue anymore. She had me call Wayne today with a color scheme change -- now it's black air mesh kevlar with blue kevlar trim. Maybe she was afraid we'd call her the blond smurf.
Us? Give her a bad time? Surely you jest! :yahoo:

[SIZE=8pt]Maybe you could have Wayne place some white dots. Then we could call her Spot. I'm just sayin'...if we're practicing.... [/SIZE]

:rolleyes: Jebus! :rolleyes: All that really counts is that she's pretty to me.

And this HAS been posted before:

5DJR.jpg

and this:

JudyinPlymouthCA02800x600.jpg

and this one too:

IowaHillBar1288x966.jpg

and special just for SacramentoMike:

:****:

Last edited by a moderator: