The End of an Era

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose it's to late to return the side case cover I ordered for my shiny new 03 and never used. :rolleyes: It does bring back good memories of Jooshead and the old Euro board though. Sorry to see them go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, only some of us "Elder Statesmen" of the FJR community appreciate who "Joos" was (and is) and what this loss means. BikeJohnny was the support of the FJROwners.com website. We remember the days when Bike Johnny and FJR Goodies were the only places one could buy farkles.

How sad for Hans that his business has faded.

I've bought a couple of things from them, and their service was impeccable. Sorry to see them go, but sadly I fear they are not the last.

Sad. I bought from them as well. IF my memory serves, the link to FJRforum on that site is how I found this place. Many bike related businesses are dieing or ready to. I guess we were in a biking golden era and didn't know it. Hope the people involved land on their feet.

That is definitely sad to see a familiar FJR vendor close his doors...got my sliders from 'im back in '04. He will be missed.

If I recollect correctly, one of the first or second FJR meetings was a gathering to ride with Joos as he was flying over to CA, and some Kali owners wanted to meet with him and ride with him.

So Joos was definitely a big part of FJR in the early North American experience.

Sorry to see 'im go. :(

Godspeed Joos. :clapping:

That would be the 1st meet in Healdsburg, CA.

Too bad to see him go - got most of my first farkles from him. Here's wishing Joos all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps just another example of the troubled GLOBAL economic situation. Bought from Johnny several items back in 04, including the carbon fiber alternator cover. Quality item for sure.

the board is still up but who knows how long that can continue without the support of the Bike Johnny business. the board was the only place to discuss all the planning and plotting to get Yamaha to bring the FJR to the US in the first place. Originally Mammy Yammy was convinced that only cruisers would sell in the US.

I suppose it's to late to return the side case cover I ordered for my shiny new 03 and never used. :rolleyes: It does bring back good memories of Jooshead and the old Euro board though. Sorry to see them go.
Are you talking about the alternator cover? Have you still not used it? If you have it and wanna get rid of it, lemme know. I'm sending you a PM.

Just read up a bit on the other forum and Joos and Jan are simply ready to move on. The economy was part of it, but they want a change too, apparently. They are seeking new sponsors for the FJROwners forum though and wish to keep it going. If no sponsors are found, they will re-evaluate the situation.