The Farkling Begins

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnTC40

Reaction score
I just picked up my '06 A last Thursday and put something over 300 miles on it over the weekend. The only thing that really bothered me was the wind coming over the stock shield and the resultant noise. Solution: installed a Laminar Lip today. I've used these on other bikes, so I knew what to expect. Now, the wind is raised over my helmet and most of the wind noise is gone. Beyond that, the throttle is a little stiff, so I added an inexpensive Crampbuster thingy on the throttle (I've also used these before). Finally, I've also ordered a backrest from PCA for my wife, which should be here in a few days.

As a side note, I had a few in-town errands to run today, so I took my '05 Sportster 1200. It's roughly the same size and weight as the FJR, but an entirely different experience. Call it raucous and rowdy. Still fun, but in a more visceral sense. When I came back, I took the FJR over to the next town to show it off to a friend. Call this riding experience smooth and sophisticated. Comparing the two is like comparing beer and champagne. They are as different as night and day, but both have their place and time. I feel lucky to have one of each.

You have now enterred the "Dark Side" of the FJR. Your credit card may never recover from the abuse you are about to place on it.... :unsure:

The farkling begins....it never ends! :yahoo: