"The Silver Bullet"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

git-r-dan

one of those musician types
Reaction score
Was searching for something cool for summer riding and began with remembering a Olympia jacket TWN recommended last year he used for all-year riding. It led me to this one.

DSCN3416.jpg

DSCN3417.jpg

Link to the jacket and pants from the website. Ordering was very user-friendly but had a minor glitch. I called the company and discussed sizes. I am 6'1", 210#'s, w/ a 36" waist and 33" inseam. The sales dude talked me into a size 38 pants and XL jacket for the reason of putting these over other pants/jackets. Upon arrival, the pants w/ stretchy waist band, was one size too large/too long and the jacket was too large on the top but the right length so back they went. They gave me the option to debit my account w/ another purchase to send right away or exchange. No hurry, so I believe the exchange took about 10 days with no extra shipping charges. The 36 pants fit perfectly. The size Large jacket fit great on the top but the length was a little too short. Large-tall sizes are what fit me but don't see them in motorcycle apparel. They come w/ a rain liner that zips out and stashes in the side cases.

Very pleased w/ the coolness. I have rode in 95 degree humid weather and, once going on the bike, you are plenty comfortable. The pants go over jeans, shorts with hardly any trouble as the side zippers come up all the way to the hip. Takes only a second to step in or out of. The padding is adjustable but seemed to be in the right locations.

At the harley hang-out, I was getting my gear on to leave and one of my friends made the comment, "Look at that reflection of that piping! Wow, come look at this!" he said to another buddy shooting pool. So, I guess the reflection on the piping at night is a big plus. Also, was looking for a jacket w/o any black or dark colors in it and this one fit the bill. After using this suit for about a month, I can highly recommend it for those in hot climates.

OK, that's my jacket button not buttoned not the pants button. ;) :D

git-r-dan :beach:

Looks like a lot of gear for riding that Skateboard? :D

JK, Looks like a nice set-up Dan!!

JW

Thanks, JWilly...Off topic, but it was a good day. Three generations skateboading. Son - Jerry, grandson - Connor.

DSCN3414.jpg

Latest posts