The Sound of Remus Hexacones on Holeshot Headers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UselessPickles

Making Grand Canyon replicas from air boxes...
Reaction score
I test fitted my exhaust system today so that I could double check the placement of an O2 sensor bung on the Holeshot header for my Motty AFR Tuner. Since I can't connect the O2 sensor into the exhaust, I can't ride the bike like this yet (need the O2 sensor in there so the Motty will adjust fueling), but I just had to start it up to find out how it sounds :)

For reference, here's a video from last summer of my bike with stock exhaust:

Last edited by a moderator:
Noice.

Not much difference between baffles in or out. I've had my fill of loud bikes, I kinda liked the header with the stock cans though.

Noice.
Not much difference between baffles in or out. I've had my fill of loud bikes, I kinda liked the header with the stock cans though.
The difference is more noticeable in person. It's hard to describe the difference. There's also some low rumbling that doesn't come through well in the videos.

As for the loudness, it's hard to judge because it running in a garage. I'll have to wait and see how it sounds out on the road under normal load. My hope is that it won't be too loud while cruising to be annoying while wearing earplugs (I always ride with earplugs or sound isolation ear phones). I can't wait to hear it under full-throttle acceleration :)

I didn't notice and leaks from the cracks either.....

I think what you will find is that with your ear plugs that it will not annoy you at all but it WILL annoy everyone around you when you are riding with others, trust me I know.

And i agree with Bungie, all the money I spent on different cans (Holeshot, 2 brothers, Stainetunes, Etc.) I found the best sounding ones to be the stock cans on the Holeshots.

just my 2 cents worth.

R

So with the Holeshot's you don't have any cats correct? If so, I think you might just be able to take Webby. :taunt:

But that means a rode trip for ya. :lol: Great sounding pipes btw.

So with the Holeshot's you don't have any cats correct? If so, I think you might just be able to take Webby. :taunt: But that means a rode trip for ya. :lol: Great sounding pipes btw.
That's correct. No cats and I'll be getting the header ceramic coated. The ceramic coating alone can add a couple more horsepower and keep my ankles cooler when I'm stuck at a traffic light in the summer :)

Since it doesn't look like I'll have any decent riding weather here for a while, I also decided to follow through with a completely modded airbox like Webby :eek: . After that's done, there's actually nothing else that I can think of that I want to do to my bike... well, nothing reasonable (a small turbo could be fun).

So with the Holeshot's you don't have any cats correct? If so, I think you might just be able to take Webby. :taunt: But that means a rode trip for ya. :lol: Great sounding pipes btw.
That's correct. No cats and I'll be getting the header ceramic coated. The ceramic coating alone can add a couple more horsepower and keep my ankles cooler when I'm stuck at a traffic light in the summer :)

Since it doesn't look like I'll have any decent riding weather here for a while, I also decided to follow through with a completely modded airbox like Webby :eek: . After that's done, there's actually nothing else that I can think of that I want to do to my bike... well, nothing reasonable (a small turbo could be fun).
Only makes sence to mod the airbox.

Do you have a PCIII installed yet?

UP,

I like the sound of the full on exhaust mod. I don't think it is all that loud. I mean, c'mon.. compared to a set of straight pipes or other cruiser hot rod exhaust mods... this is tame. The only time you'd hear any kind of a wail out of that exhaust is when you're really wailing on it, like at > 100 mph. And then, the sound is lost in the ever increasing air.

I'd like to hear this in person, but I have a feeling based on the sound clips that it isn't offensive.

... well, nothing reasonable (a small turbo could be fun).
If you want to spend the cash I can put you in touch with a small shop over here that can do it. :dribble:

He recently sold his Yamaha snowmobile with pretty much had the same engine that's in our bikes

that was modded out with a turbo that could produce approx. 300 hp. (of course there was a

myriad of other engine mods done to enable that feat). ;)

I now have a video clip of the Holeshot header + Remus Hexacones shot in the same location as my other exhaust video clips for a more direct comparison:

Original post has been modified to include this link. Please reference the original post for all video clips for comparison.