The Ultimate Throttle Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
https://www.50sboy.net/throttler.html WS sound on this link.

OMG! This is the sweetest piece of machining on a low production bit that I've ever seen. Simply jewel-like workmanship and operation. Multi-bearing in a dedented race. Flawless fit and finish. Gorgeous.

Very pricey at 250 beans, installed, but if you're into bling, this is King of the 'Throttle Locks'. Word.

OMG! This is the sweetest piece of machining on a low production bit that I've ever seen. Simply jewel-like workmanship and operation. Multi-bearing in a dedented race. Flawless fit and finish. Gorgeous.

Very pricey at 250 beans, installed, but if you're into bling, this is King of the 'Throttle Locks'. Word.
Looks SWEET! I wonder if it will work with the Yamaha OEM heat grips?

Best Regards,

Shane

I doubt it'll work on AE model with factory heated grips. The housing sticks out, and there's not a flat surfact to put it on. (I had the same prob with trying to get NEP T/Lock on AE -- grip diameter bigger, and more detrimental -- is the throttle housing change)

I doubt it'll work on AE model with factory heated grips. The housing sticks out, and there's not a flat surfact to put it on. (I had the same prob with trying to get NEP T/Lock on AE -- grip diameter bigger, and more detrimental -- is the throttle housing change)
They claim they can fit *any* grip... Shoot 'em an e-mail.

They claim they can fit *any* grip... Shoot 'em an e-mail.
I did that last night after I saw your message. If it works, I will save a few $$$ over having to get a MCCruise and have my last remaining issue with the FJR settled (right wrist fatigue)!

Best Regards,

Shane

It will be interesting to see how a heated grip will like having four holes drilled in it.

DrillGrip.jpg

Getting a grip with trailing wires into the blue fixture should be pretty neat too. They may have this all worked out though. Waiting to hear Shane's reply!

It will be interesting to see how a heated grip will like having four holes drilled in it.
DrillGrip.jpg

Getting a grip with trailing wires into the blue fixture should be pretty neat too. They may have this all worked out though. Waiting to hear Shane's reply!
I am still waiting for a reply - I still may in the market for a MCCruise when they finish developing it for the AE!

Best regards,

Shane

I think twn needs a cigarette after that...

I did that last night after I saw your message. If it works, I will save a few $$$ over having to get a MCCruise and have my last remaining issue with the FJR settled (right wrist fatigue)!
For less than half that you can have an Audiovox Cruise that will really hold speed . . . .

TWN - are you famailiar with this one?

https://brakeawayproducts.com/appguide-6CB02.html

Sort of spendy but I like the brake activated release.

For less than half that you can have an Audiovox Cruise that will really hold speed . . . .
I have an Audiovox CCS100 sitting in an unopened box under my desk. I purchased it BEFORE I realized how much of PITA it was to install for the non-experts (me).

I have talked with a few friends who are mechanically inclined and they have personally advised me to seek out another solution or find someone who has done it several times. I have NOT found anyone willing to install the Audiovox - I have even sent an email to a few of the Texas Yamaha dealers including one on this board and I received NO REPLY which most likely means they aren't interested in the possible liability.

So, I am still looking for a cruise control solution and as of now, the MCCruise looks like it may be it if they get it developed for the AE before I find another solution.

Best Regards,

Shane

I have an Audiovox CCS100 sitting in an unopened box under my desk. I purchased it BEFORE I realized how much of PITA it was to install for the non-experts (me).

You want to sell it?

You want to sell it?

You beat me to it! :dribble:

You want to sell it?

I will put it up for sell in the next couple of weeks if I go with the MCCruise. I am still waiting for them to add the AE model of MCCruise to their web site.

Best Regards,

Shane

With all due respect, what makes you think the MCCruise will be any easier to install? If you were in Ohio, I'd install it for you.

It's not that bad once you sit and think about it for a while. The hardest part of the whole job is figuring out how to actually attach the cable end to the throttle. The rest is patience and the ability to follow instructions carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect, what makes you think the MCCruise will be any easier to install? If you were in Ohio, I'd install it for you.
It's not that bad once you sit and think about it for a while. The hardest part of the whole job is figuring out how to actually attach the cable end to the throttle. The rest is patience and the ability to follow instructions carefully.
First, thank you for the generous offer! I really appreciate it.

The MCCruise is supposively P-N-P (plug and play).

Best Regards,

Shane