Thermometer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodstock

Reaction score
Does anyone have a thermometer (with remote sensor) with which they're happy? I had a Kisan ChargeGuard unit that was awful (although I think some people are happy with them), just wondering if anyone has found anything else good.

Online links would be appreciated, if possible.

woodstock,

I have a www.DrsFosterSmith.com Coralife digital thermometer made for fish aquariums. It's mounted on the clutch reservoir with the 3 ft. element coied up and inside my left handguard. It cost all of $4.98 on sale, plus $7.99 shipping.

I've been waiting a long time for Datel to come out with the red LED thermometer with a 3 ft. element to match my voltmeter.

I'm thinking of buying an EMT 1900 LCD thermometer with one 1/4" mounting hole for about $25 from Lascar Electronics. It has a built in element and an optional external element. After being unable to see the Datel in sunlight, I can appreciate the idea of an LCD display.

dobias <_<

woodstock,I have a www.DrsFosterSmith.com Coralife digital thermometer made for fish aquariums. It's mounted on the clutch reservoir with the 3 ft. element coied up and inside my left handguard.
I have one mounted on the lower dash, but will be moving it to the brake reservoir. Seems OK so far, but need more testing.

Woodstock, Read below it was from a post many moons ago but it has the link.

MO

Hi - I bought a digital thermometer on Ebay for cheap, but found out later that Coralife makes a decent fish tank thermometer that is probably water resistant - cost about $7 here:

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...9&N=2004+113769

It has a 39" remote sensing unit.
That link didn't work for me, but I think I found it - this one?

Click

I checked my local fish market (er, pet store). They wanted $18 for it. :angry: I didn't buy it there.