"This" riser vs. "That" riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rangemaster

Reaction score
Been through the back posts in an effort to get som clarity. What is the tallest riser that can be used on a Gen II bike ('06 AE) without extending the cable lines? Have seen everthing from just under an inch to an inch and three-eights, on both sides of a C-note. This is with the standard triple-tree.

It's Sunday, if needed, dog pile me tomorrow :)

What is the tallest riser that can be used on a Gen II bike ('06 AE) without extending the cable lines? <snip>
Speaking of which, if a person was wanting to extend the bars beyond the reach of the stock cables/hoses, is there a source for extended versions? I'd imagine any risers beyond the 3/4" Heli risers (or other similar products) would need to be fabricated which doesn't look that hard to do, but the hoses/cables are the limiting factor...

Yes, I know, this would upset the zen riding position but still curious.

Been through the back posts in an effort to get som clarity. What is the tallest riser that can be used on a Gen II bike ('06 AE) without extending the cable lines? Have seen everthing from just under an inch to an inch and three-eights, on both sides of a C-note. This is with the standard triple-tree.
It's Sunday, if needed, dog pile me tomorrow :)
I believe that risers that give you 1.5 up and 1.75 back give you the most change possible w/out changing the lines. It seems when we had a group buy on brake/clutch lines Gaffer said that was the maximum stock length lines would reach w/out problems. They would make longer (and people bought them), but that was the limit.

I have the Heli triple clamp with their risers. I forget what the total rise is but that is as far as you can go with stock lines and when install everything you have to reroute things a bit. I would guess the tallest risers out their should work or people wouldn't buy them. Post up some links to the ones you are looking at so we can see them.

It seems when we had a group buy on brake/clutch lines Gaffer said that was the maximum stock length lines would reach w/out problems. They would make longer (and people bought them), but that was the limit.
Do you remember the name of the vendor that made them?