Throttle Aids

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What (if any) throttle aids do you use?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hand rest only (Throttle Rocker, Cramp Buster, or similar)

• Throttle lock only (Vista Cruise or similar)

• Both hand rest and throttle lock

• Electronic speed control

• Total voters
I use both-Vista Cruise throttle lock & a Kuryakyn Throttle Boss (Rocker).

Have recently did the release of one winding of the throttle return spring which helps too.

Picked mine up in minne after the dallas, reno, minne fiasco. Helped out on the way back down to dallas. (cramp buster, that is).

:blink: Hello TCFJR, you forgot to actually mention Throttlemeister, looks much more "finished" then Vista Cruise and machined from stainless steel billet, actually looks like it belongs on bike and not a farkle. Also if you adjust it properly, you are able to fine tune it on up and down slopes. Works like a champ.

Audiovox Cruise

Vista Cruise

Throttle Rocker

All of the above. They each have their niche, and are not mutually exclusive in everyday riding and/or maintenance situations.

Shane

You don't have mine either!

Audiovox Cruise & ThrottleMiester.

Don't use the TM much anymore but leaving it as a back up incase the A-vox dies in the middle of a long ride.

Wheres mine?
visegrip150.jpg

Missing an "all 3" option. At any given time I've had the first 2 on the FJR. I have a Audiovox ready to install. I had an OEM electronic cruise on my last bike and it was the dog's dangles up to the point where I wanted to cruise faster than it's max limit allowed.

Wheres mine?
visegrip150.jpg
Radman's nad nudger?

Throttle Rocker II. I'm adding the AudioVox cruise control at some point (bought a kit about a year ago and it's been sitting).

The overly stiff (IMO) throttle spring on the FJR is fairly annoying.