Throttle Boss

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the Kuryakyn Universal Throttle Boss for about 10 bucks and it is one of the best cramp busters I have found. Smaller in footprint and not in the way as much as some I've had. Great addition for little money. Here's an example: https://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/...ottle-Boss.aspx I just picked mine up at the local shop.
Used one for years and loved it as a cheap solution to giving the right hand a rest. Then I changed to Honda heated grips and grip puppies on the FJR, and the new boss I bought wouldn't go around the throttle grip without affecting the throttle response -- it started sticking. The grip width was different. I might try it again on another bike or if the grip puppies go. But I found after riding 5000+ miles last month my throttle hand wasn't cramping much anymore. But worth a try IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the heated grips but I do have the grip puppies and it fits fine and does not bind at all.

Sorry been busy riding. Here's a pic.
aaa.jpg

I have that on mine, but I rolled up the GP slighly, so the strap goes right on the grip. Doesn't work so well, as it slides. I'll try it over the GP.