Throttle Control / Arm from grip to wrist?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonroe

Reaction score
To All,

Does anyone know the name of the throttle "assist" that appears to mount on the grip with a small flat arm that extends out to the allow the wrist and whatnot to support some of the "load" with the throttle?

Anyone out there with thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Mark

:blink: :wackosmiley:

Do you mean something like Cramp Buster or Throttle Rocker?

[SIZE=10pt]Clickable Pic[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to get one today to test this weekend... They almost seem too simple.

When I ride alone I could use one for sure, but when we ride two-up I don't have to worry about it. My wife has abnormally long arms, (reeeeealy long) and when I get tired she reaches between my arms/body and she takes the controls. I have written letters, played my Game Boy, and even napped while she "drove"... I recommend you find a long-limbed lady.

OK, maybe not, but I could use something...

C

A long time ago I was looking for a Throttle Rocker. A parts guy didn't have any, but suggested I just bend a spoon around the grip. Never got around to trying it. Just thought I'd pass it on.

TL

Ah HAH!... I just went and bought one at lunchtime... It has a velcro strap that cinches nice'n tight over my grip puppy, and seemed to work just fine on the slab. I did, however feel a bit awkward in around-town riding, (as though I had something on my glove and was being conscious not to get it on my grip, so at first it seems to be a concentration breaker, so be careful) but either I'll get used to it or remove it for daily riding... might take all of six seconds to remove! But for long riding it might be my favorite $10 farkle.

C

Latest posts