Throttle-Meister w/ Hand Guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Bud

R.I.P. Our Friend
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got in my 'heavy' Throttle-Meister and was wondering if you can use the 'new and improved' V-Strom handguards with the Throttle-Meister? Does anyone have pics???

Also, I'm 'assuming' that you can use a J&M Audio CB with the handguards?????

Thanks!!!

Hi All,
I just got in my 'heavy' Throttle-Meister and was wondering if you can use the 'new and improved' V-Strom handguards with the Throttle-Meister? Does anyone have pics???

Thanks!!!
Jeezers, four years and no one has answered Uncle Bud?

Well, unfortunately it's too late now for Uncle Bud.

But, if anyone has any good hints, tid-bits, pictures, suggestions etc for using throttlemeister with the V-Strom guards ....

Much appreciated in Reno ....and I bet Uncle Bud will be proud of ya too.

and yes, I did see a couple of thoughts and hints here

but I'm looking for more -ALSO looking for other bar end weights that work with the V-Strom handguards, -don't have to be throttle locking.

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks!!!
Jeezers, four years and no one has answered Uncle Bud?

Well, unfortunately it's too late now for Uncle Bud.

But, if anyone has any good hints, tid-bits, pictures, suggestions etc for using throttlemeister with the V-Strom guards ....

Much appreciated in Reno ....and I bet Uncle Bud will be proud of ya too.

and yes, I did see a couple of thoughts and hints here

but I'm looking for more -ALSO looking for other bar end weights that work with the V-Strom handguards, -don't have to be throttle locking.

Thanks
Well I have a set of V-Strom hand guards that would work with any bar end weight or throttlemeister. I received them with the clip that goes to the outside of the grip removed. Everything else is the same. The clip was cut off flush with the edge of the large part of the hand guard. It looks so natural that you have to look close to see that it was modified. The only time it makes a difference is if the haadlebars are turned to their extreme the handguard hits the widshield and will push in. I actually thin k that is a good thing, because if it didn't it could put too much pressure on one or the other and end up breaking something Here is a picture:

DSCF0143-1-1.jpg

Well I have a set of V-Strom hand guards that would work with any bar end weight or throttlemeister. I received them with the clip that goes to the outside of the grip removed. Everything else is the same. The clip was cut off flush with the edge of the large part of the hand guard. It looks so natural that you have to look close to see that it was modified. The only time it makes a difference is if the haadlebars are turned to their extreme the handguard hits the widshield and will push in. I actually thin k that is a good thing, because if it didn't it could put too much pressure on one or the other and end up breaking something Here is a picture:
DSCF0143-1-1.jpg
Nice that works for you. Although if you didn't want the guard to come back to the bar, -there are still the early v-strom guards (clicky):

Actually, I've got a pair of those in the garage, I guess I could go back to them, but i'd rather have the newer style (clicky2)

Thanks

DSCF0143-1-1.jpg
Nice that works for you. Although if you didn't want the guard to come back to the bar, -there are still the early v-strom guards (clicky):

Actually, I've got a pair of those in the garage, I guess I could go back to them, but i'd rather have the newer style (clicky2)

Thanks
the older ones are a little smaller too.