Throttle position sensor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone found an auto engine equivalent for the FJR's throttle position sensor? My FJR's sensor could be acting up a bit and I'd like to buy an auto equivalent if available. Yamaha's sensor is $140+ discounted.

I gotta believe there's an exact match out there used in cars which would be considerably cheaper. The 5K ohm sensor is somewhat common. It's just the mounting holes and keyed shaft dimensions which might be difficult to find.

Good question.

There was once a BMW motorcycle ignition amplifier module (Bosch?) that, if purchased at a dealer, would cost $$$. As it turned out -- the very same module was used on many German cars (like VW Rabbits...) and could be found in used parts/junk yards for very little (couple'a bucks...).

I've rejuvenated pots by carefully drilling a small hole in their housing in a nondestructive place and given them an enema with Pro Gold or contact cleaner. Plug the hole with some hot glue when you're done.

When you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose.