Throttle spring on 2012 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcat

Reaction score
I unhooked the middle throttle spring on my old 2007 FJR and really liked the effect.

I have now got a 2012 model and would like to do the same, I know that Yamaha made changes to the throttle springs between those years to lessen the tension. Its still nowhere near as loose as an 'unhooked' 2007 though. Has anybody done this mod to a later model year bike, are spring positions the same and does it still work?

Thanks

I unhooked the middle throttle spring on my old 2007 FJR and really liked the effect.I have now got a 2012 model and would like to do the same, I know that Yamaha made changes to the throttle springs between those years to lessen the tension. Its still nowhere near as loose as an 'unhooked' 2007 though. Has anybody done this mod to a later model year bike, are spring positions the same and does it still work?

Thanks
Don't think there's any change in the spring tension, only in the cam profile (which may make it seem stronger on the '06 and '07s). No difference in the mod from '06 up to at least the '12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't these throttle by wire? Jus askin'
Only the '13s and '14s; although, I can't figure out why anyone would want to release the throttle cables on a '12. More of the "creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist" mentality.
When you get to my age (if you get to my age), you need all the help you can get in holding that throttle open ...