Throttle Tension/ Pulley 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyGoose

Reaction score
Did they or did they not actually change the throttle pulley on the 2008 back to the same one they used on the Gen I models? ((or did they do the G2 modification). I know the jury was still out on this one a few weeks back. The marketing hype tell me they released the throttle spring one turn, but doesnt fill the knowledge gap about the pulley (that we fixed with the fred h. modification on the 06 and 07 models).

GreyGoose

Last edited by a moderator:
Wel, I asked the same question a few weeks ago. I have a pic of the Old vs New throttle pulley. The fix was to make the pulley round instead of oval. I was told that I was not about to post pics from my PC hard drive but if you know how to do this & let me know, I will posted the pic.

Wel, I asked the same question a few weeks ago. I have a pic of the Old vs New throttle pulley. The fix was to make the pulley round instead of oval. I was told that I was not about to post pics from my PC hard drive but if you know how to do this & let me know, I will posted the pic.
PM sent

email me the pic and I'll post it

After flicking the throttle of the '08 on the show floor at Long Beach, I can safely say that all of you girls with the limp wrists will be quite happy. Now all you have to worry about is breaking your nails while polishing the fairings. ;)

After flicking the throttle of the '08 on the show floor at Long Beach, I can safely say that all of you girls with the limp wrists will be quite happy. Now all you have to worry about is breaking your nails while polishing the fairings. ;)
Thaaaay, I'm a bit more concerned about smearing the nail polish! :dribble: :lol:

Oooohhh, Timmy, "...flicking the throttle...."? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awe, you’re sneaky and quick Fencer. :) And I’m slow tonight. Don’t know why I didn’t think of clicking properties and giving ‘em a direct link.

Oh, I know. Hun was hurrying me, she sent me out to get some Cocoa. Yeah, that's it.