Throttlemeister on the cheap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buf2phx

Reaction score
So I decided I wanted a Throttlemeister,but didn't want to pay the $147 for the heavy bar end kit. I was checking out the FAQ page on their site, when I came to the "I bought a new bike. Will the Throttlemeister I have now fit this bike?" question. Clicky I then proceeded to ebay. Found a BMW kit with the FH that fits the Feej. E-mailed Throttlemeister, telling them I had this Beemer kit, and asking what I would need to use it with the Feej. Prompt reply stated I would need the AY-R1-H kit--$37. So I won the Beemer kit on ebay for $63 shipped, and ordered the part from Throttlemeister for $37+$7 shipping=$44. Grand total for my heavy bar end Throttlemeister--$107. I figure I'll put the Beemer hardware on ebay to recoup some of that cost. There were a couple standard Beemer kits that sold today for about $15 less than I paid for the heavy kit. So if you're willing to do a little messing around,you can piece together a Throttlemeister for quite a bit less than full price. Just look for the FT(standard), or FH(heavy), and then order the AY-R1-H(or AY-R1 for standard) directly. :D

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: