Time for the sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoothblue

Reaction score
I know, I know... I should have bought the sliders BEFORE I laid the bike over. All is well. Nothing hurt besides my pride and the right lower and bag cover. Parts are on order from Mike at University Motors. My pride will also heal with time. Now. the issue is which sliders to buy. The only prohibition is, no holes will be cut in the plastic unless there's a very good reason to go that route. What do you folks think?? I have an '05 and wondering if Skyway makes his for the '05 still. How can I get ahold of him?

Last edited by a moderator:
The best looking, and probably most efficient on a spill (due to their size) were the GSGs IMO; I'm waiting for mine.

They're German, and the only dealer in the US I found to have them in stock was whaccessories.com, but several others sell them as well (4-week wait though). For the same price, which wasn't chump change ($125 delivered), there're several other German sliders on the above mentioned website, including polished aluminum, but read that's a no-no in a spill because it grabs, but it's great for a form over function kind of guy, I guess.

A fine member of this board bought his for $50 delivered; yes, you read right; just do a search. So knock yourself out buddy, and good luck.

JC

Last edited by a moderator: