Tim's Alaskan (Well It's Hyder But Still....) Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Reaction score
During the course of the journey Tim and I talked quite a bit about the ride report that we would prepare together when we returned to southern California. I know he was being asked about it after his return and I have also been asked.

Obviously, because of the tragedy, interest has not dimished but, understandably, has increased. Both Tim and I were taking photos along the way and, often, if one of us was shooting the other would not. Tim's photos have been located and Duff (Gary) has the chips on which they reside. As soon as Gary gets Tim's photos to me via email and/or disc, I will complete the ride report, to the best of my abilities, and post it here. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic. Thanks for following up on it for the rest of us to see.
I can't wait.
2247302-plus1.gif

Er, I mean Woof!

or was it Gunny?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you this: The pictures are fantastic and I am a bit jealous that I did not go along as planned. Regardless, I will enjoy the report to go along with the images. They are on disk and will be delivered this weekend. I'm sure it will take Joe a bit of time to go through the 700+ images of Tim's along with his own and compile the report, but it'll be worth the wait.

I'm ready. Might re-trace the trip after WFO since it will be part way up there. I've always wanted to bike to Alaska.

I'm guessing that this will be the toughest ride report you've ever written, but it will probably reside among the forum's treasures forever. I look forward to reading it, and seeing the pix.

Jill

.................it will take Joe a bit of time to go through the 700+ images of Tim's along with his own and compile the report, but it'll be worth the wait.
Damn straight. It took over 2 1/2 hours when they were at my place and I added my pic's to the slide show !! It'll be hard to pic the best pic's , there's just too many of them. :)

( hang in there Joe ! ) B)

.................it will take Joe a bit of time to go through the 700+ images of Tim's along with his own and compile the report, but it'll be worth the wait.
Damn straight. It took over 2 1/2 hours when they were at my place and I added my pic's to the slide show !! It'll be hard to pic the best pic's , there's just too many of them. :)

( hang in there Joe ! ) B)

Funny you should mention it........