Tinted windshields

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrman

Reaction score
I've looked in a search here, and on the net, and I can't seem to find tinted windshields. I know I saw one on an avatar or something, just can't remember who. Anyone have one? Know where to get one? I went with a carbon fiber theme on my bike, and I think a smoked shield would look cool. Thanks. Sean.

Cee Bailey's. Mine is a dark tint +4 +3 standard contour. It's up in it's highest position here:

MW201298b.JPG

Thanks for the pic Matt. I like the looks of that dark tint, but I think I'd go for the dark sportshield. I want to go low profile, kind of a theme for the bike.

Thanks for the pic Matt. I like the looks of that dark tint, but I think I'd go for the dark sportshield. I want to go low profile, kind of a theme for the bike.
Yes, I have a barn door, but looking at CB's website they single out the "pre-2004" like it's specific to the 2003 model, but it will fit just fine on the '04 and '05 IIRC. The '03 was 2" shorter than '04 and '05....so if they say -2 on the windshield....that would be like -4 on the stock '04. Looks like you could pick from -4 height and same width to +5 height and +4 width.

Some others on the board have cut theirs down and although it sounds cheesy it works to good effect. Warchild sprayed the back of his 2003 windshield black. Doesn't tint much darker than that.

Day1_front_left_qtr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pic of Warchild's? I like it. I thought about taking my stocker down to a tint shop to see what they thought about the durability of tint on a windscreen. It would only be about $20, even better on the pocketbook.

That's his Deer Slayer project.

Tint doesn't stick to shields. Already asked my professional tinting friend and it's been talked about on the board various times.

Yeah I called a few shops, and they said the same. Oh well. Does WC still have that same bike? He's got some serious cash into that bike. Probably 700 just in the front brakes!

Does WC still have that same bike? He's got some serious cash into that bike. Probably 700 just in the front brakes!
That's the project bike that many of these forum members bought him for his tireless support of the FJR community and got various bits by organizing group buys. Yes, he does have it and rode it to work most of the winter season. I'm sure he'll be bringing it to WFO-6.

That was a nice thank you. I wish I lived on the west coast. There aren't many FJR owners near me. In fact, I haven't seen another one on the road yet, but I only bought mine last July. Hopefully I can get a few of us together this summer.

Besides the variety of Canucks in your area I do see a few folks in the area of Western New York on the Member Map. Flick Mike-H in the ear for me. He rode out to WFO last year and I think is doing it again this year....and it's going to be over 500 miles closer this time around in Park City.

Also, you're only 463 miles from EOM. .....hell, you're closer and quicker to EOM than I am to WFO. Mine is a 9 hour ride and 650 mile ride.

Two tanks of gas in September and you'd get to meet up with a gaggle of riders! The FJR loves those kind of rides.

I've met a couple of guys from Rochester, I bought my Joe Rocket pants off of Sliick. I might be meeting up with Sam(spinner) and his son for our ride to Mid-Ohio Superbike race in August. He invited me to Americade with them but I'm in school until June 11th, so I can't do any long rides until then. I might do a ride to EOM in 2008, depending on money and vacation time.