Tip over pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snookerman

Reaction score
Recently, I saw where someone is making a set of pegs that screw into the sides of the engine to protect the fairing from a mild tip over. Anybody have a name and address of the supplier? Thanks.

Gary

I've got the tip over guards and if you really want them, you can get a set from fjrgoodies.com.

But, don't get them.

I mean, they're fine at what they do, but they only protect in a drop. If you go down at any speed at all, they'll just tear out and perhaps do more damage. Buy sliders instead. I wish I had, and I'll end up swapping the TOGs out for sliders sooner or later.

Hey Fred -- what happend? Are you okay?

Hey Fred -- what happend? Are you okay?
Oh yes, I'm fine and so's my bass boat blue beauty (mostly).

I only tested my Sliders in their capacity during a tip over. I zoned out when I wanted to hop off to see if both HID headlights had fired up and put it on the side-stand (that wasn't deployed) :blink: . Only scratched the bottom underside of the bag a little and a couple of gravel marks on the alternator cover. I also bent my left side Garauld aux light bracket, but it bent right back. Faring was completely protected!

Recently, I saw where someone is making a set of pegs that screw into the sides of the engine to protect the fairing from a mild tip over. Anybody have a name and address of the supplier? Thanks.

Gary

You mean these!

https://motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/p...p?idproduct=180

Good stuff, easy to install !

Yah, I will throw out an endorsement for motovation. The owner lives and has his store/distribution in Austin. He also happens to be a really great guy (he has a mv augusta and 1098 in his store....sweet). Man, they have gotten expensive though...ask me how I know :)

Gary
squeezer was correct & here's what look like:

TOG-unit-LG.jpg

You can get them here.

I just took a set off my bike...PM me if you're interested.

I ran dual TOGs and R&G sliders since 2003. With the new paint (and upgraded lower fairing to include the Yamaha inetgrated signals) I'm moving to the Motivation style that doesn't require fairing drilling. I'm also not re-installing the TOGs.

That means 2 things:

1. My TOGs are also for sale at the going, used price (never dropped)

2. My 03 lower fairings are also for sale - pre-drilled for R&G sliders (PM for photos if interested)

THREE! Our three strengths are...

3. My R&G's are also for sale.

4. My OEM 03 front indicators are for sale too - removed within a couple of months of getitng the bike.

Last edited by a moderator: