Tire Watch System & 90 degree valves from Bikeeffects.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderCoach Lar

FJRm'd and dangerous
Reaction score
I just bought a Tire Watch system (thanks again Warchild). And while it has 90 degree valves in the kit, they're not black and they're not nearly as nice as the ones Jeff has at Bikeeffects.com.

Anybody out there know if Jeff's valves are compatable with the Tire Watch system???

I'd use the ones supplied. Don't go asking for problems.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming the threaded part that goes into the wheel is the same size, I think the two-piece valve stems that came with it have a greater chance of being problematic than a one piece stem.

I didn't think it was possible for a thread to get less activity than my interview with camera56 :huh:

I'll take the chirping crickets as a "NO" to my original question. I guess I'll order a set of Ariete 90-degree aluminum valve stems, check the fit with the Tire Watch and report back with my findings in case anyone is curious.....

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??

I talked with the TireWatch folks in Cyprus, and aside from spotty english, they're nice people. I didnt ask specifically about replacing the valve stems, but they told me that the cores were specific to their system, not to lose the valve cores. Seems like they engineered the parts as a system.

I typically don't screw with a tested system for the sake of a fixing a perceived issue. I say perceived because I can't find (and couldn't when I bought my TireWatch) a single person who's had a failure of the supplied valve stems.

But, good luck. Hopefully, you don't have any problems with the replacement stem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think it was possible for a thread to get less activity than my interview with camera56 :huh:
I'll take the chirping crickets as a "NO" to my original question. I guess I'll order a set of Ariete 90-degree aluminum valve stems, check the fit with the Tire Watch and report back with my findings in case anyone is curious.....

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??
The Ariete valve stems and the ones that I sell under my own label are EXACTLY the same pieces.

OK. I have verified that the Ariete valve stems (basically the exact same great 90 degree valve stems that Jeff @ Bikeeffects.com sells) are NOT compatible with the Tire Watch system :angry: So it looks like I'll be selling a brand new pair of these beauties in the classified section and installing the far-less-attractive valve stems that came with the Tire Watch.....after I hit 'em with a little black paint ;)

Latest posts