Tirefly Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWILKIN650

Reaction score
Anyone tried TireFly lights for night time conspicuity? My kids use them on their bikes, would they last on the FJR?

I have seen them at most of the motorcycle shops here in LA.

I am also under the impression that they are illegal in some states.

Check local laws first and you might want to check out a sportbike forum.

I am willing to bet that you can find the answer to your question on one of those forums.

I tried two different set of these on my HD a few years back and they just kept flying apart going down the road. Maybe that is why they are called tire FLY. :D The ones I tried had the plastic end caps on them and were a real waste of money. Maybe some of the newer style would work.

Give them a try and report back.

Cheers.

Marc

I have them on my FJR, and notice them not at all... I'm not sure if that means they don't work very well or if I just don't look at my tires when I'm riding...

I was able to do a ride-a-long with my former college roomate in Detroit, Mich. Yeah, he's a cop. We pulled over many people that night including some "punk" who had those light up thingies on his wheels. don't draw more attention to the feejer, the shockwave is enough :D