Tires!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction for some new skins. I am looking @ the metzler brand, but am unsure. Please help!! Jerry
Jerry, if I was you I would be looking at the Pilot Road 2's for longer life. Try Derby Cycles...good prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone steer me in the right direction for some new skins. I am looking @ the metzler brand, but am unsure. Please help!! Jerry
Yes,

Search through the "Never-ending Pointless Recurring Thread forum. You will find numerous threads on different tires members have tried on the FJR (Metz included)

There is a lot of reading but it should help with your decision. I didn't post a single link because there are so many.

Good luck

Jerry, if I was you I would be looking at the Pilot Road 2's for longer life. Try Derby Cycles...good prices.
Listen to El Toro, Pilot roads are a very good tire AND Derby cycles have them as cheap and you are going to find them and they deliver quickly if you on the east coast

Got to get my response in before it goes NEPRT. Think Michelin Pilot Road II's.

whew!

so I thought just so I wasn't posting for a post count, I'd post another after the fact :yahoo:

No, but really, PR II's; just do it.

Roads 2 . I had run b/ stones , stradas , pilot roads . and the roads 2 are the best of the 4.

PR2's aren't that much more at Roseville Yamaha...and while I don't like the Metz Z6's, I loved the M3 Sportecs...Avon Storms are OK, Dunlops too, I just want a tire that will last more than 5 thousand miles in the twisties...for under $300 installed...oh yeah, and perfect weather and no traffic on my favorite roads, bugs that dodge my windscreen and visor, and a baby's arm holding an apple...

There's a reason why posts about tires go into NEPRT, that's because there are no conclusive answers to the queation, "What is the best tire?" Everybody has their own opinion and round and round it goes.

Personally, I am a big fan of the Metzler Z6s. I put 12,000 mi. on a set of Z6s last year and I couldn't be more pleased with the performance, stability and tire wear.

Following is a review on Motorcycle.com about Metzler's new Z6 Interact. I'll be buying a set in a few weeks when I put my bike back on the road.

https://www.motorcycle.com/products/metzele...view-88044.html

spdtrip04.jpg