to PC lll or not to PC lll...that is the question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcolman

Reaction score
Gonna pick up an 06 Saturday on the west coast and ride it to the east coast. Will I be kicking myself in the ass for the next 3000 miles if I don't install one prior to the ride? I'm trying to justify the $600 expense.

what say you???

Buy one from Jeff at Bike Effects, using the FJR Forum discount. Money well spent! You won't be sorry. ~$300

(Jeff, chime in here!)

Have it sent to where the bike is and install it yourself (30 minute job). Stock map is fine for X-country ride. Dyno-tune when you get home if you want.

Then you'll be wanting a Bill Mayer saddle and a V-Stream windshield too!

PS - I knew I wanted one the 1st week I had my bike. Had to wait 8 or 10 months until they became available. I've said it before, the PC-III makes the FJR behave like it ought to!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Buy Buy,,,,, You will sooner or later. Might as well start enjopying it now :p
I don't agree---no need. I've got one on the Harley but need it because of the new exhaust. Plus, $600? Why? They are $300 everywhere, with a map and it's an easy install. Where are you getting that 600 number. But the larger question is why? With stock exhaust, my (your?) bike runs fine - don't see the need for a PC. A seat and some other farkles would see your money better spent - IMHO

Buy Buy Buy,,,,, You will sooner or later. Might as well start enjopying it now :p
I don't agree---no need. I've got one on the Harley but need it because of the new exhaust. Plus, $600? Why? They are $300 everywhere, with a map and it's an easy install. Where are you getting that 600 number. But the larger question is why? With stock exhaust, my (your?) bike runs fine - don't see the need for a PC. A seat and some other farkles would see your money better spent - IMHO
The $600 figure comes from the shop that would do the install. $300 for the PC and $275 for install (plus tax comes to just over $600) I think the install also includes some dyno time but I'm not sure. I can't really do the install myself as I have no access to a shop until I get home.

However I'm tending to agree with you and take a "wait and see" attitude but I haven't made up my mind yet. I'd like to hear from some more people.

However I'm tending to agree with you and take a "wait and see" attitude but I haven't made up my mind yet. I'd like to hear from some more people.

If you can do the Barbarian Jumper Mod click here & then enrich the CO settings clicky here for each cylinder +7. This will eliminate about 80% of the abrupt throttle. This mod is free.

If you plan on changing your exhaust in the future the PCIII is the only way to go.

Just my $.02 worth.

You live in Raleigh and have an 06. The Barbarian Jumper Mod with the CO settings change will work okay on your 06 at your typical altitude. Just stay away from my side of the state in winter.

Should you decide to spring for a PC-III, definitely buy from Jeff at SportBikeEffects.com and use the forum discount. I'll make the offer now to install the PC-III for you at no $$$. You'll just have to make the two hour trip to my house. It's a very simple install.

Please don't buy new exhaust, unless you are after a change in the exhaust note (sound). There is way more horsepower and performance to be found with the PC-III than with exhaust changes.

Buy one from Jeff at Bike Effects, using the FJR Forum discount. Money well spent! You won't be sorry. ~$300
(Jeff, chime in here!)
OK, I'll chime in. I think that you will eventually want one but why complicate your life for your X-Country trip. Wait until you get home.

Power Commander at SportbikeEffects

Check the link below for discount information, por favor.