Today is the DAY Tanji Cell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
Well after much excitement and anticipation today the UPS tracking indicates Out For Delivery :yahoo: :yahoo:

I think im worse than my kids at Chrismas. I might even have to take the afternoon off work and go home to get it mounted.

I already have my tank plumbed because of having the Sampson Cell that will be showing up soon in the forsale section. So Install should be fairly simple.

Thanks Dean

Well after much excitement and anticipation today the UPS tracking indicates Out For Delivery :yahoo: :yahoo: I think im worse than my kids at Chrismas. I might even have to take the afternoon off work and go home to get it mounted.

I already have my tank plumbed because of having the Sampson Cell that will be showing up soon in the forsale section. So Install should be fairly simple.

Thanks Dean
ahaha, that is great. I'd be the same way. I expect pictures ...from the brown truck showing up ....the neighbors coming over to gawk, the opening of the box, the (simple) install .......

Good fun for all us in sitting in the envy seats to see the experience.

PS: Hope Dean at least sold it with a full tank of fuel

PSS: You never did whisper to me how high you bid, or would have bid ...when you knocked my winning bid out with a few minutes to go.

Envious, but happy for you in Reno ...John

Its here.

Tanji001.jpg

BOX

Tanji002.jpg

Tanji005.jpg

That is a modified one on a GenII.
The tank is unmodified. The bike is a Gen I. There is plenty of detail in the photo to back that up.

The white tape on the sides of the tank are to show the levels of the bottom and front plates. I was trying to figure something out here: <Link>

Look, I wasn't trying to hijack the thread. I'm sure mehaffydr has more photos to share. Maybe he's got the same angles I shot. :dntknw:

I have the cell mounted and am going for a long ride this weekend to give it the first real test. ( well Dean did test it in the IBR )

That pic looks the same as mine. I think the clearance is so it is easier to get to the sidebags but I am not sure on this as I had nothing to do with the design. I do have to say I love this cell Th ease of putting on and off is amozing and the quality of the workmanship is great.

I wil get some pics this weekend out on the road.

TanjiHome002.jpg

This is first time on the bike before fuel line was connected

TanjiHome006.jpg

All installed on my way home from Smitty's