Toggle Switch Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
I installed the Dual Star handwarmers which come with a, cheap I'm sure, hi/off/lo toggle switch. Warmers work great, BUT once or twice while switching between settings they no workie! For those of you who immediately troubleshoot the system, yes I used the 3m positap to tap into the hot wire - pretty sure I did it right, but I'm also going to remove that and solder the connection.

My question is - I haven't found another lo/off/hi switch, but I've seen any number of on/off/on switches. I "assume" that since I'd have different sets of wires running to each "on" connection I'd still get a hi/lo effect - true?

The add for the Dual Star heaters says the hi/lo resistors have been eliminated, not sure if that has any effect on this.

Thanks!

Yes, an "ON, OFF, ON" switch will work. I have had trouble with the rocker switch from Dual Star as well. This switch can be taken apart from the top (don't need to remove it from the pannel) and repaired. So far, so good????