Tom Tom Rider anyone have one???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
I was looking at the tom tom rider, and was wondering if anyone here has one?? I was look at the web site and it look like it is ready to go. But then I seen were you could buy other "maps". I was wondering if to get the fine details (small twisty roads I like) you would have to shell out some extra cash for them.

It looks like a great M/C unit being waterproof, glove friendy and all. Is there any problems ect anyone has had with this unit.. Thanks Smitty :D

I prefer the 276c and it's bretheren, depending on what you need in the way of on-board mapping and other features (weather, traffic and such).

I recently bought a Tomtom Rider and I love it. The downsides are, traffic does not work in the US and the screen options are limited when moving. You can answer calls but not make calls when moving. I have a Autocom Active Plus and they are making a plug to integrate the Tomtom to it but it has not been released yet. The upsides are the blue tooth works great with my phone, all the maps you need for North America come with it. I just used it to plan a trip down the east coast of the US and everything was there. The weather function works great and all the mounts you need come with it. I cabled mine to the battery and it works great. The headset is plenty loud and I can talk on phone and hear the directions at over 80 mph. I have never owned a garmin but with all the features the Tomtom has it looked like the better buy for me. I am very happy with it.