TomTom Rider Help???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer5kw

Reaction score
I just purchased a TomTom Rider (original model) off of E-bay for a "Great" price. It just has the actual unit and a home charger cord and was supposed to need a SD card and then be ready to use.

I think I might have been taken...maybe the unit was stolen??? The cover for the SD card slot is gone along with any serial numbers and it does not seem to do anything when hooked to power.

Does anyone have one of these that could give me some insight...I hate to throw good money after bad to buy the sd card and pay to download maps if the unit is DOR!!!

Any ideas on how to check the unit out?

Anybody live close to the Omaha area that has a unit I could stick on to your base to try it out?

Thanks

Kevin

Check out: Tom Tom Forums

They should be able to help you out. I had a TT Rider for a short while and took it back. I never tried to power up my unit without the SD Card. I know you have to really push the power button on the side to get the unit to come on.

Good Luck.

JW

I've had a TomTom Rider since shortly after they were introduced into the North America. Without the SD card (containing the navigation software and maps), it should display an animated icon that asks you to insert the missing SD card.

As jwilly said, the power switch does need a lot of force (and hold it pressed down for a couple of seconds). Bummer about the missing door, as the unit will no longer be weatherproof, and the missing software and maps don't help at all...

Latest posts