TomTom Rider Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
I received a TT Rider for Fathers Day which was cool! I'm having some issues and wanted to see if anyone else who has the unit is experiencing the same thing or any other issues for that matter.

The Bad: The primary problem I'm having is the unit isn't making good contact with the cradle and eventually the battery goes dead. The cradle in my opinion is junk considering we are talking about a $500-600 GPS unit. The cradle also concerns me because it doesn't seem very secure and the last thing I want is to see this thing bouncing down the road in my rearview mirror?? :angry2:

The Good: Overall I'm very happy with the unit. I've had very good luck with the bluetooth connecting to different headset's and phones. The interface works well and recalculates fast if you go off route. The battery life is also a big plus, I travel a lot for work and just throw the unit in my carry-on so I have it when I'm traveling.

Anyone else have any feedback or issues?

JW

I just bought the TomTom Rider before going on a 1200km ride through the alps to Italy, it came with a RAM mount ball that fit on the handlebar really neat, and the GPS actually snaps into the custom made holder, with hard-wired 12Volt connector. Plus there is a safety lanyard in case it does vibrate loose. I don't see this model on the Ram site, but on the Tom-Tom site it looks ilke the gen 2 has a different mount on the back. There might be an adaption from the car mount using a RAM system for the bike, and a lanyard is a smart idea.

https://www.tomtom.com/products/acc...185&Product=207&AccessoryCategory=5&Category=https://www.tomtom.com/products/accessories/accessory.php?ID=185&Product=207&AccessoryCategory=5&Category=

Hope this helps!! I would post a picture on the bike, but it is on the other computer.

Own the first gen of the TT. I have no problem with the craddle, it s hold tight in there.

Very easy to use, the only problem I have with it is the new map ( 2007 ), installed them and

my own street was not in the TT anymore, had to come back with the 2005 maps !

Something interesting to know :)

There is a feature call "Safety Screen":

When the motorcycle is moving, access to menus is restricted.

There is a simple fix, simply stick some tape across pin 2 (second from left as viewed from the rear) which disables this 'feature'. ... :)

When the motorcycle is moving, access to menus is restricted.
There is a simple fix, simply stick some tape across pin 2 (second from left as viewed from the rear) which disables this 'feature'. ... :)
Been there, Done that!

Don't know about you guys, but when I'm riding, I don't have time to fiddle with all the gear, my eyes are on the road, and the next turn. :yahoo: